ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powder coating a PM3500-need service in the midwest  (Read 1428 times)

Brian Ingwell

Powder coating a PM3500-need service in the midwest
« on: October 28, 2004, 02:54:06 PM »

Hey all,

Just took delivery on a used PM3500.  Apparently, unannounced to me, it was stored in a warehouse next to a powder coating plant.  As you can imagine, some of the pots and faders are just a BIT dirty and scratchy Twisted Evil .  Before I refuse it, the seller wants to examine the costs associated with cleaning/replacing parts to bring it up to spec.

Therefore, I am looking for someone in the midwest (Wisconsin/Illinois area) that deals extensively with repair of large format Yamaha consoles.  The only way I will consider keeping this console is if I can bring it to someone who specializes in console repair/restoration and have them do a complete workover on it.  So, any suggestions?  Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Brian

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Powder coating a PM3500-need service in the midwest
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »

That's a pretty scary thought... AFAIK the powder in powder coat is fixed by high temperature curing but I suspect over time it may get hard at lower temperatures..

Depending upon how long the desk was exposed to over spray you may be able to just blow it out with (clean) high pressure air. If the powder has cured inside switches and controls that could be scary expensive to replace.

You may get some more useful information/advice from a vendor that makes powder formulations.

Good luck.

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Powder coating a PM3500-need service in the midwest
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:24 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.