ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Choices  (Read 12685 times)

Randy

• http://RandyFocht.com
Re: Sub Choices
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 05:32:43 AM »

Well, I have never heard such a good speaker, outside of a recording studio.

If it costs 3-4 times as much, is it twice as good of a speaker than the Yorkville NX750, or the MP 15" ?

Obviously, it can handle alot of DB without breaking up. I just spoke to a Nexo rep. He also does SR. and said they brought 2 sp10's and LS500 sub for NY? philharmonic. People were shocked because they were such a small system, but blown away by the sound.

The question, is not if I would love such a good system, but whether I could afford it, and if it was worth the price of 3 or 4 lesser quality systems.

I did a in debth listen to my Yorkville Pulse 110s sub 10" 200 watts, and discovered, when I turned off the mains, that it was missing various notes. ie. It would play certain frequencies, but totally drop off other frequiencies (not just the bottom end, but throughout the sub's 50-100 hz.

Another thing that I discovered, was that I had a 80hz lowcut on my Yamaha mixer, and when I turned it on, it did not affect the sub at all, which means that the sub did not even go down to 80hz.

Also, the sound was whoofy, not round and clear. More geared towards kick, instead of bass. After that, I listened to the JBL SRX 718s at a local store, and could hear that it played all of the bass notes fairly evenly, which means that it is much flatter.

If the MPro 418s sounds similar, but just not quite as loud, or as low. (34hz-SRX, 40hz-MPro), I would prefer the MPro for the 62lbs weight vs. the 79lbs-SRX.

Mikael Holm (the old one)

• http://Mikael Holm
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 12:33:38 PM »

Randy wrote on Sat, 04 December 2004 12:32

If it costs 3-4 times as much, is it twice as good of a speaker than the Yorkville NX750, or the MP 15" ?

Okay, i just saw a quote of MP415 going for 550 USD or such. PS15 is more like 2500-3000 Euros here depending where one buys them. So they probably are about 5-6 times worth the money you would spend on MP415.

PS. Many people think they are worth the price Smile

Miffe, gearslut, independent sound engineer, small business owner

Simon Tucker

• http://www.matrixproductions.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 12:58:54 PM »

Hmm,

Myself being one of them .... agree 100% - they are awesome; even without subs they defy belief!  I have 2 LS1200`s too and have so far not needed to use more than one! (Not had them long though)  I have 3 (real) gigs next week where I`ll be using both the subs - I find myself looking forward to the next room, to see how good it sounds in there!

Although here in the Uk the price difference isnt as radical;

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 12:58:54 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.