ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projector Vibration  (Read 3017 times)

Don Boone

Projector Vibration
« on: October 26, 2004, 11:26:55 am »

Back when video projectors weighed 80+ lbs it wasn't often an issue but now that they weigh 6-15 lbs, building induced vibration is becoming a common problem. I've used the iso mounts from Chief, Peerless etc. with pretty good success but some installs are proving stubborn. We even have the truly bizarre Chief CMA-347 in stock but haven't had to use it yet.

The one thats kicking my tail right now is using a Draper Revelation and the vibration induced into the mirrors is pretty serious. It's hung with threaded rod so I went looking for threaded rod isolators like the Omnimount

http://www.racksandstands.com/prods/OmniMount/60.0-ISO-C/Omn iMount/0C34/0POM0093.htm

I know just enough about this to know the iso unit should match the load. Everything I've found is rated 40 lbs and up. I need Some rated about 20-25 lbs. I done some serious Googling and there is more in my future.

Who else is running into this and what are you doing to solve it?

Don Boone
mmsav.com

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

Re: Projector Vibration
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 09:28:32 pm »

Add more weight?

Seriously, the mass of the projector and the compliance of the iso mount form a filter of sorts, and the greater the mass the more effective it will be.  Kind of sucks to get nice light projectors and have to drag around weights, though.

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 02:05:13 pm »

I agree, go down to your local ace hardware and get a lead brick or two (available in the welding section) drill and bolt or otherwise fasten this to your stand non obtrusivly and go ahead and use this to give more weight to the projector and let one of the aformentioned iso's to work.

Alternativly, give that chief mount a try. In general applications it is designed to work with loads 15 pounds or less. It can be setup (as it comes for the factory) for loads up to 35 - but isnt intended to be used above that.

Id personally try the chief.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

mayf

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:03:29 am »

Check out Chief Manufacturing CMA-347 vibration isolation mount.
(www.chiefmfg.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.