ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my uber sweet LED install  (Read 2889 times)

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

my uber sweet LED install
« on: October 15, 2004, 03:34:29 PM »

had to post my uber sweet led install here so you guys can see..
this is located in orlando.. the whole room uses pulsar LED - over 60 fixtures. ceiling is a once piece stretch plastic ceiling.. note the plasma monitor "holigram" arches.

HOPEFULLY i will be in club systems this upcomming month Smile
- and i now certify myself a led super duper expert if anyone has any questions. lol
http://www.fucdup.com/images/pulse_martiniroom_red_email.jpg
http://www.fucdup.com/images/pulse_martiniroom_green_email.jpg

Brian Ship

Re: my uber sweet LED install
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 01:04:28 AM »

So what was it that you did and what fixtures did you use? LED's are the wave of the future and one I'm trying to get a handle on them.  What did you use and how did you use them?  At this pont even a MR-16 lamp with LED source is hard to find in the industry but in the market as a general thing offered but not yet used much.  Nobody want's to be the first and being a pioneer is a pain in the rear.  What did you use, what specifics to it was used and how did it all work?  What suppliers than being another question in how you got your effect beyond the stagnate wave of supply in beyond the Color Blast type of wash.

TechniLux as a supplier ha?  What models and brands were they offering?  Best I have so far is Mule and not many suppliers have accounts with that company much less stock the product for samples.

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:06:47 AM »

Brian Ship wrote on Sat, 16 October 2004 06:04

So what was it that you did and what fixtures did you use? LED's are the wave of the future and one I'm trying to get a handle on them.  What did you use and how did you use them?  At this pont even a MR-16 lamp with LED source is hard to find in the industry but in the market as a general thing offered but not yet used much.  Nobody want's to be the first and being a pioneer is a pain in the rear.  What did you use, what specifics to it was used and how did it all work?  What suppliers than being another question in how you got your effect beyond the stagnate wave of supply in beyond the Color Blast type of wash.

TechniLux as a supplier ha?  What models and brands were they offering?  Best I have so far is Mule and not many suppliers have accounts with that company much less stock the product for samples.

yes leds are the wave of the futue.. I used the pulsar LED line - a line of RGB led fixtures. If you can see the circular trusses and soffits that run the length of the room - those contain over 60 mr16 lamps that indirectly light the ceiling and wash the whole room out.. I used their long tube fixtures along the wall you cannot see in a alcove that has a semi-transcluscent curtain running the lenght of it. In the floor i placed their chroma-heart fixture underneath each of the arcylic tables that is filled with clear marbles.. there are some higlight fixtures in various places to cover artwork piece.. and a nice lexxan sculpture behind the bar which is uplight and downlight with chromahearts.

Technilux is the U.S. distributor for pulsar.. they also sell showcad - which is the control system i used for this install.. im using midi input from the dj mixer - and allen and heath xone 92 to toggle variables in showcad. Showcad runs the main dance floor lighting system, sends color cues + blackout to the video system, AND controls the led room all at once. The led room is not a cheesy constant color morph. The room stays a solid color for 10-30 minutes and then a simulated 'power failure' with audio cue + video cues (also played thru showcad). then the room "pops" back on into another color. I do have some sophisticated color chases set up.. but I only use those for about 10 minutes in a night.

I also used LED ropelight in the tables - you can see them in the other post/picture

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 11:19:19 AM »

Very nice.  I look forward to reading about it in more detail in the magazine.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.