ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Tabletop mic for Tele/Vid Conf  (Read 3989 times)

ShawnJones

Wireless Tabletop mic for Tele/Vid Conf
« on: September 30, 2004, 08:49:10 PM »

Using Clear-One processing with echo canceling for video and teleconferencing. I am looking for a tabletop wireless mic with a mute switch, similar to EV. The mute switch should have the ability to send a logic command to the receiver that the mic should be muted by the processor, not at the mic.

This is required so that the echo canceler can keep track of what is going on in the room, audio-wise.

I like the look of the EV Polar-Choice Satellite, but the receiver does not have the above ability, and Shure does not make a wireless tabletop.

Thanks in advance.
-Shawn Jones

"Do you know what all those knobs do!?"

Dan Timon

Re: Wireless Tabletop mic for Tele/Vid Conf
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 12:14:39 PM »

ShawnJones wrote on Thu, 30 September 2004 20:49

Using Clear-One processing with echo canceling for video and teleconferencing. I am looking for a tabletop wireless mic with a mute switch, similar to EV. The mute switch should have the ability to send a logic command to the receiver that the mic should be muted by the processor, not at the mic.

This is required so that the echo canceler can keep track of what is going on in the room, audio-wise.

I like the look of the EV Polar-Choice Satellite, but the receiver does not have the above ability, and Shure does not make a wireless tabletop.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn,

Have you seen the Shure wireless boundary mic? There is a link on tne following product description to a modification so it can be used with echo cancellation systems.

http://www.shure.com/microphones/models/mxwireless.asp

Good luck.

Dan Timon

ShawnJones

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 03:43:33 PM »

Have you tried this mic? How is it for reinforcement from ceiling speakers?
-Shawn Jones

"Do you know what all those knobs do!?"

Dan Timon

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 06:31:39 PM »

ShawnJones wrote on Mon, 04 October 2004 15:43

Have you tried this mic? How is it for reinforcement from ceiling speakers?

I have not purchased any, but I have used them several times at trade shows, and would buy them with confidence when the needs dictate.

They sound just like their wired counterparts in the Shure line. The work well with ceiling speakers, because you gain a little from their cardiod pickup pattern.

Regards,

Dan Timon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.