ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville TX  (Read 6686 times)

Adam Kane

Yorkville TX
« on: September 20, 2004, 07:29:27 PM »

Has anyone used any of the Yorkville TX boxes?  In particular, the TX9S sub?  I know it won't compare to a LAB, or most horn loaded subs for that matter, but I've heard they've been used for a few major acts with good results outdoors.  One reviewer said that they were the best sounding front-loaded double 18 he's heard, but I don't usually put a lot of faith in reviews that appear a little too glowing.  I'd just like to hear from someone that has used/heard them first hand.

Scott Hibbard

Re: Yorkville TX
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 09:17:51 PM »

Drumrkane,

After having used a pair of TX9's in one of the clubs I formerly worked at/for, I would have to agree the TX9's are excellent direct radiating dual 18's.  In my opinion, they are a good value at under $ 1,500 each (street price).  What I liked most about them was their ability to produce 35-40Hz all night with very little distortion.  I powered them at the time with bridged QSC MX3000a's - one amp per speaker cabinet.

It's good to see you're not comparing them to a horn loaded enclosure; not that one is better than the other, just different and shouldn't really be compared.  

ScottH

The Guy

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 11:22:35 PM »

I've used the TX9 in an outdoor "tiki bar" setup.  I have to agree that they are one of the better direct radiating dual 18" cabinet that I've heard.  I believe they are loaded with the RCF L18P300 drivers, and the cabinets are very well built.  Power was from a Crown 5000, one cabinet per channel.

Steve Shafer

Driver is now B&C & Comparison to JBL SRX728??
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 06:07:14 PM »

When Mackie purchased RCF or shortly thereafter, Yorkville went to a B&C 18 driver for the TX-9 subs. I have heard that the new B&C loaded subs do not breath as well as the older versions.

I do not think it is a problem with the B&C driver being a good qaulity driver.  Perhaps it is more to do with the T/S parameters for a box that was originally designed for the RCF??

If Shale Leech from yorkville is still out there maybe he can elaborate.

I for one would like to know how the Yorkville sub compares with the JBL SRX728 with the new neo 18's in them.

My .02 cents

Steve S

Adam Kane

Re: Yorkville TX update
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 02:48:42 PM »

This is kind of an update. we just got a TX system a couple of weeks ago and I'm very impressed.  TX8's and TX9S's.  The subs are amazing with the B&C drivers.  Very low and very clean.

We just provided the system for Everyday Sunday (national Christian artists) and Kids In The Way.  The church only seats about 300 people so we ran with one pair of each.  Room was long with a very high ceiling.  I was amazed how we were able to run over 115db with no limit lights whatsoever.  The subs were separated (one per side about 60ft apart) and I was suprised how nicely they sounded not being together.  Coverage was fairly even and there didn't seem to be much of a power ally.  (bridged rmx2450 per box, by the way)  The whole system stayed incredibly clean.  Their FOH guy commented several times on how much low end was coming from just those two boxes.

Can't compare them to the JBL's (haven't heard them) but I would imagine that these Yorkies would hold their own against most other front loaded double 18's.

The TX stuff is really worth checking out.  Sorry to turn this in to a product review.  Probably should have posted this elsewhere.

[x]

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 03:43:10 PM »

I'm surprised you mention Kids In The Way. They used to be a local act around where I am, before they went big.
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Adam Kane

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 03:56:38 PM »

Yeah...they've been on tour with Everyday Sunday for quite a while and (i've heard) are one of the top selling new Christian rock groups.  Nice bunch of guys in both bands.  Good musicians.

Dan Hollenkamp

Re: Driver is now B&C & Comparison to JBL SRX728??
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 09:30:18 PM »

I have a pair of the SRX728s in the metro Detroit area. If anyone wanted to compare them to some other subs i think it would be fun.
Dan Hollenkamp
EE Student
Michigan Tech

Joe Heslip

Re: Driver is now B&C & Comparison to JBL SRX728??
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

I have some subs I would like to compare them with. I am also just north of Detroit.

Joe Heslip

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.