ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parametric advice  (Read 4060 times)

2fishstudio

Parametric advice
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »

I need advice on a few good parametrics that wont break the bank. I will be using to help monitors...I work with several rock bands in my area and they of course want the monitors loud. The graphics are not really helping me isolate the troublesome freq's without taking a bunch of others with. Can I use both  EQ types in sequence? My thinking is to put the parametric first and ring em out loud. Then use the graphic to create a pleasant listening curve. Is this a viable solution? By the way Im using non powered EON 15's and EV SRX 300 for monitors. 3 mixes    4 jbl into 2 mixes  --- and 2 ev into 1 mix  powered with 2 crown CE 2000's

KK

Weogo Reed

Re: Parametric advice
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 09:48:46 PM »

Hi KK,

> I need advice on a few good parametrics that wont break the bank.

Is one mix away from mics and less in need of EQ?

For really low budget, find a used behringder dsp1124, which has two channels.  Forget the feedback filters, except for testing and setting purposes where they can be useful for identifying feedback frequencies, just use it in parametric mode.  Set it and write down the settings in a few different environments and look for trends.  Can you combine a couple filters into one?  Re-set with just the really needed filters.  Lock it and don't let anybody mess with it.
Or get a good Ashly, Rane, Symetrix.

> I will be using to help monitors...I work with several rock bands in my area and they of course want the monitors loud. The graphics are not really helping me isolate the troublesome freq's without taking a bunch of others with. Can I use both EQ types in sequence?

Yes.

> My thinking is to put the parametric first and ring em out loud. Then use the graphic to create a pleasant listening curve. Is this a viable solution? By the way Im using non powered EON 15's and EV SRX 300 for monitors. 3 mixes 4 jbl into 2 mixes --- and 2 ev into 1 mix powered with 2 crown CE 2000's

KK

Have fun and good health,  Weogo

Alexandru Andrei

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 05:05:03 PM »

I have a DSP 1124 and it is a pretty good piece of equipment for the price you pay. It works well in feedback destroyer mode. I am though disappointed that I didn’t listen to a guy who told me to get 4 or 5 Behringer sharks instead. They are small DSPs that also have other features like compressor, limiter, and others. With them you can control each microphone individually. Go to www.behringer.com for more details.
Alexandru Andrei

audiogeek

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 01:20:38 AM »

used Yamaha Deq7 on the very cheap or YDP2006 if you really want paris, but it sound like you just want notch filters. Most of the time I could use a single YDP2006 to eq and notch a moniter mix thats 12 bands of paremetric. the problem is most enginners want that graphic for a quic grab!
But if it were easy it wouldn't be any fun!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.