ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: placing handles/wheels and carpentry tips  (Read 2657 times)

David Trotter

placing handles/wheels and carpentry tips
« on: September 12, 2004, 12:01:21 PM »

word

just started the build of 4 today. So a couple questions.

Did it work ok when you cut the larger corner off and put two big wheels there to push it like a trolly? of was it too tall/front heavy?

Is it better to leave the corner on and put 4 wheels on the bottom, or does it topple easy and make it difficult to lift?

Using version 2, the 18mm metric design. Just spent 7 hours routing all the bloody  finger joint things. fits like a glove.

Using biscuit joins for the module and inside parts, anyone had any problems/success with this before?

Cheers, will post pics when they're finished.

Al Limberg

Re: placing handles/wheels and carpentry tips
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 12:15:57 PM »

Everyone has their own favorite way of working with the Labs.  I prefer to leave the box square and invest my money in a good 2-wheel cart but I have seen them done successfully with the bottom corner removed and casters there.  The center of gravity on the cab is perhaps 6" rear of center anyway so there's no problem there.  I wouldn't recommend 4 casters on the bottom or back - too damn many rattles!  The best application of that approach I have seen are the ones TT has built in Europe with casterboards that latch to the face of the cab.
As far as building style, I biscuit the outside box and dado the baffle boards and braces to the module.  Different strokes.....

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

Tim Padrick

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:33:15 PM »

A friend built his with the rear edges wacked off, tilt-back casters, and a grab-bar handle.  This works very nicely.  On the other hand, if you put wheels on the back, you could make lift-out cable trays to use the space Smile

Al Limberg

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 09:04:51 PM »

Then again, in most Big Ten cities, the Lab would qualify as student housing and probably generate in the range of $800 monthly income ?;o)

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.