Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > The Basement

Goodwill score

(1/2) > >>

Gus Housen:
So @ the local good will I was digging through the wall wart bin as i do, and found a sm58 and a peavey 380 neo for $5 each. Funny part was there was a guy there looking for mics but he only wanted mics with the cable attached.

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Gus Housen on February 11, 2011, 08:49:16 PM ---So @ the local good will I was digging through the wall wart bin as i do, and found a sm58 and a peavey 380 neo for $5 each. Funny part was there was a guy there looking for mics but he only wanted mics with the cable attached.

--- End quote ---
It is amazing what you can find at pawn shops-Goodwill stores and such.

I got a almost new Peavey CS800 for $25, a Phase linear 400 for $20, Yamaha dual 31 band eq $40, Sm58's for $25 ( yhou beat me on that one), and some other good buys over the years.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on February 12, 2011, 09:49:19 PM ---It is amazing what you can find at pawn shops-Goodwill stores and such.

I got a almost new Peavey CS800 for $25, a Phase linear 400 for $20, Yamaha dual 31 band eq $40, Sm58's for $25 ( yhou beat me on that one), and some other good buys over the years.

--- End quote ---

Ivan, you paid about $39 too much for that Yamaha EQ.

Just sayin... :-)

jason misterka:

--- Quote from: Ivan Beaver on February 12, 2011, 09:49:19 PM ---It is amazing what you can find at pawn shops-Goodwill stores and such.

--- End quote ---

All the pawn shops around here now use ebay as a guide.  There are no more great deals.  Sometimes a good deal (if it works) but no great deals...

Ivan Beaver:

--- Quote from: Doug Fowler on February 13, 2011, 12:44:01 AM ---Ivan, you paid about $39 too much for that Yamaha EQ.

Just sayin... :-)

--- End quote ---
As an after thought-many years later-you are correct.

But at the time (mid 80's) it was considered to be a good product (by most people).

It wasn't untill later and doing side by side testing that I realized that you get a "free blanket" sound with the Yamaha eq's.  When compared side by side to others they sound as if you threw a blanket over the loudspeakers.

But hey, it worked the whole time I owned it and I did a lot of gigs with them ( I ended up buying a good number more to match) and none of the artists I worked with complained-so in that case all was good-or seemed so anyway.

But I was glad to get rid of them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version