ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound pressure in midle dance floor...  (Read 1977 times)

Danijel Horvat

Sound pressure in midle dance floor...
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:48:53 pm »

Whish number dB (100, 110 or more) must be in the midle of dance floor for good feeling power and good clear sound?

thanks
Sorry for weak english language...

yam4000vca Jim Gould

Re: Sound pressure in midle dance floor...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 09:56:18 pm »

You will probably get varying views on this but this is mine. The proper level for music to put energy on the floor in such a way as to inspire people to dance I think can be lower than you may think.
A lot of this depends on how the system is set up and to me a good one in a club covers the dance floor very well and does not try to put even sound in the whole room. People need places to get away from it too if they want.
Pre recorded dance music I think would be plenty loud enough with a sound level of 95db to 100db at times but the key is good energy in the low end.
As the music is compressed all ready and a lot of the dynamics removed it can get really fatiguing to go above that real quick.
I consider 110db to be as far as I want to go for heavy rock music live and that is not constant and most concerts will not last 4 or 5 hours nonstop. It is not my job to have removed all the dynamics.
Good clear sound can happen much lower than you state but it may not have enough energy to motivate dancers. It also depends on ambient sounds in the space too.
This post may be deleted or moved for being borderline off topic as to live audio but I do not make those calls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.