ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Pocket standards.  (Read 3384 times)

Peter Shpak

Sound Pocket standards.
« on: August 31, 2004, 02:48:09 AM »

Hello I was wondering if there were any standards in labeling your stage sound pockets and labeling the inputs in them.  

Thanks

Peter

yam4000vca Jim Gould

Re: Sound Pocket standards.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 01:54:33 PM »

I do not think or am not aware of an industry standard way of doing this. It is sort of like laying out a mixing console with the drums first followed by percussion bass guitar etc. It is sort of like what is comfortable for you.
As to the labeling of stage pockets I used a similar approach with #1 being back near the drums and working out toward the front. The only change I made at times with that is sometimes I made the pulpit mic #1 as it was easier for many to find in this case the money channel if all they had to think of is it is the first one.
The speaker level signals that may be in these stage pockets were done with letters to represent different mixes.
The main thing is to have good documentation as to what goes where.
A few churches that I have not installed I did service calls to sort it out after it had been torn out for a wedding.

Peter Shpak

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 05:41:41 PM »

Thanks for the input.

Basically i am doing a church installation and there will be 6 sound pockets on the stage with 8 XLR's and 2 1/4 inputs in each box.  I guess I'll prolly start from left to right and number the boxes 1-6 then I'll number the inputs accordingly  
1-1, 1-2, etc.  2-1, 2-2 et..  

I just wanted to know if there were any standards because this is my first project where I actually design and build everything from scratch.  I kinda figured it was up to the engineer but just wanted to be sure in case there were.

Kevin Maxwell AKA TheMAXX

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 07:47:38 PM »

I have thought a little bit about this and wouldn’t recommend using the 1-1 thru 1-8 and then 2-1 etc. I think it is better to use all sequential numbers 1-48. Or use a combination of letters and numbers Box A-1 - 8, Box B 1 – 8 etc. Think about yelling out to someone “plug it into 2,2” or is it better “plug it into B2” or even “plug it into ten”. Which one sounds better for communication purposes.
Kevin Maxwell
Freelance Audio Eng. QBE

Peter Shpak

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 06:40:28 PM »

Yeah Makes sense.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.