ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Gennies  (Read 4713 times)

Al Limberg

New Gennies
« on: August 09, 2004, 09:43:27 PM »

Hopefully this is appropriate as a topic here.  I did a small local festival Saturday - young original bands - 35(!) of them on 5 stages from 1 p.m. til 10 p.m. Saturday.  The gig required 2 generators and I returned to a provider I hadn't used for a couple years.  They were formerly know as 'Standby Power' but now are called 'Bridgeway-Cummins'.  The provided me with two new Bridgeway Cummins diesel generators - one rated at 35kw and the other at 20k.  Both units were able to be set up for either 240/3 phase or 120/240 single phase with the flip of a switch.  The 35k unit offered camlock and screw clamp connections as well as 2 20 amp GFIC outlets and 3 50 amp 120/240 twist locks.  The 20k had the same except no cams.  Both were the quietest gennies I've had to work with yet.   I would say that at 10 feet they were quiter than the fan I have running in my living room right now!  Both were powered with Isuzu 4 cylinder diesels and had 41 gallon fuel tanks.  Amazingly, they were both equipped with standard 2" hitches instead of the pintle hitches I've run into in the past.  They ride on a chassis with 4 15" wheels/tires and seemed to tow much smoother than either the older, larger types or even a 16kw Coleman 2 wheeler I have used a few times.  
Al in all, if Bridgeay-Cummins has an outlet near you and you have the need, give them a call.  I thought the rates were reasonable ($160 and $200 per day for the two sizes).  As impressive as anything was the fact that the 2 units took only $20 of diesel to refill this morning before I returned them.
At various times during the day, with 2 stages running simultaneously, a quick check of the control panel showed a perfect 60Hz and 240 volts steady as a rock.
For anyone considering using a questionable gas gennie, I would recommend one of these in a heartbeat - compared to the cost of our gear, the price is pretty darm reasonable in my book.

Al
p.s. I didn't receive a discount in return for this post and I have no affiliation with B-C except as a very satisfied customer.
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.