ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO SUB APPLICATIONS  (Read 2077 times)

DAVID J. SYRKO

TWO SUB APPLICATIONS
« on: August 09, 2004, 11:45:42 am »

I have a two part question. Very Happy Recently,I have become acquainted with a local sound guy who I have gotten interested in the LABS. First question Rolling Eyes : At a local park, there is a parcel of land that would make a natural amphitheater. We have kicked around the idea of actually trying to build it. We don't know how large this thing could end up, but recently we had a battle of the bands at the park, and this sound guy brought in 12 stacks ( EAW folded horn bottom, and 12"/horn tops) for the event. The thought for the amphitheater would be to build it to use 12 LABS front/center on the floor. How far back would it be suggested for the audience to be?     Second question Rolling Eyes : This sound guy would like to venture into doing sound at some amphitheaters that hold 25,000 people.One local venue can seat approx 10,000  of that number. It has a roof covering 2/3 of the seating.It also has some delay towers built into the roof for the lawn seating. Many acts set their subs on the stage right and left.There may be room to put subs on the floor, but the venue allows a mosh pit in front of the stage which may create a problem. How many labs would one suggest for a venue of this size?  How about one without the roof?

Elliot Thompson

Re: TWO SUB APPLICATIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 12:39:27 pm »

Due to the amount of Lab Subs you are considering
to build, you would probably be better off directing
your question to Mark Seaton, on the Sound Physics
Forum.

The most I've read people are using on the LAB
Board is six bins.

Elliot
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.