ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back Back?  (Read 2460 times)

Lee Richard

Back Back?
« on: July 27, 2004, 12:05:48 PM »

When I click a thread, and read it, and then want to go back to the lab page, I click the back button, it brings me to the top of that thread, so I have to click the back button again and arrive back at the lab. It's a kind of double jump that isn't completly annoying, just kind of. Smile

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers
Lee
"We do not claim to have achieved perfection, but we have a system, and it works." -Klaatu
Lee Richard
RCI
soundguy(at)gmail.com

Ernie Black

• SR Forums
    • http://www.standingstone.com
Re: Back Back?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 09:45:56 PM »

Lee Richard wrote on Tue, 27 July 2004 12:05

When I click a thread, and read it, and then want to go back to the lab page, I click the back button, it brings me to the top of that thread, so I have to click the back button again and arrive back at the lab. It's a kind of double jump that isn't completly annoying, just kind of. Smile

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers
Lee

Hi Lee,

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been on vacation for a few days. I think what you're seeing is normal, expecte browser behavior: back takes you back to the previous step in your history. You might expect this to be the previous page (the LAB in this case), but instead it takes you to the top of the page you're on (the top of the thread), since that's actually the previous step in the history. Thus, the back-to-back "double jump" result. There's no "fix" for this, since it's actually the way the program should work (even if it doesn't seem that way to the user sometimes!).
Ernie Black, Code Warrior
ProSoundWeb Forums Webmaster
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.