ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay Question - Please Help Me  (Read 10840 times)

Tamas Tako

Re: Delay Question - Please Help Me
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 05:40:12 PM »

Hi,

Very good questions and good ideas here about getting even bass coverage with a lot of boxes....
I prefer the ARC technique using delays when having a horizontal line array in front of the stage, but the idea with the different crossover frequencies and possibly different slopes is clever.
BTW I didn't read here about a real problem, wich is a side effect of arcing the front subs!!!

If you can explain, you are standing on the stage in the middle of a circle of subs, you can belive me, that at the rear of such a bass arc system there will be a LOTLOTLOT of bass summation!!!!
(in some cases BIGBIGBIG problem).

What You can do to overcome this effect?????

Please think about this: (this has no sense if you haven't a big enough show with big money and many time for setup etc!!!!)

Build the PA with the Horizontal ROW of BASS cabinets!
Allign the SUBS to the flown/ stacked MAIN PA system (this is worthy for an another LONGLONG thread....)
Build a second Horizontal ROW of BASS cabinets ca. 1.7 meter before the first one! Set the same ARC for this array as for the array behind!(using the same technique(delay or crossover tweakink))
Now delay the first row of the Horizontal Bass ARCed cabinets by 1.7 meter back (and add the delay, what you used for the BASS-MAIN PA allignment, if the bass was delayed back and not the MAIN PA!!!)

Now you have a directional ARC SUB array with relative even coverage in front and mutch better front to rear SPL ratio......

( 1.7meter in this case is ca. the 1/4 wavelenght of the center frequency of the working range from the subs (30Hz- 80Hz).
Using this distance and adding the same delay to the front boxes makes 3,4meter total delay to the front row when you see this from the rear side..... This causes cancellation in Rear and good summation in FRONT! If the back SPL must be extremly low, you can experiment with 3 rows with 1/3 and 2/3 ratio of the working rfequency range (35-40Hz and 55-60Hz))

Cheers,

Tamas

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.