ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Opinions please  (Read 3125 times)

Andy_G

Sub Opinions please
« on: July 19, 2004, 03:54:44 AM »

I'm new here, but some may know me from HiFi forums such as Madisound and PE. I'm in Newcastle, Australia

Anyway... I do mixing for bands in local pubs and small clubs on a hobby basis. My main FOH is current a pair of Eminence Kappa 12's + horn driven by a Mackie M-1400 through a Behringer FBQ 3120.  This is more than enough for MOST of the stuff I want to do...
But occasionally I feel that it would be nice if I could use a sub (or 2) that would sit under the Kappa 12 boxes and augment the bottom end while easing the bottom end load on the Kappa 12's. The Behringer EQ has a sub out I could use, and I have an old 1000w Mosfet I could use to drive them, so no problems there.

The boxes would need to be the right size to sit under the Kappa boxes, so the size is basically set to 22"x 20"x 29" external.   I can get Eminence at trade price, so that would be my preference.

Question is, which of the Eminence drivers would be appropriate, taking into consideration that money IS an issue.

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

AG

Graeme Goodacre [Centauri

• http://www.centauriaudio.com.au
Re: Sub Opinions please
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:28:40 AM »

Hi Andy,

With that size constraint, you won't fit a horn like the LabSub, or John's proposed HL10 horn.  The main Eminence range don't really have sufficient Xmax for front loaded sub use, and CMI don't seem to be interested in importing the Lab12 driver.  Best candidate I have found so far for a cab around this size is the Beyma 15LX60.  Contact Krix Loudspeakers in SA phone (08) 8384 3433.

Cheers
Graeme

McJerry

• http://www.eminence.com
Re: Sub Opinions please
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 07:50:35 AM »

Hello Andy,

This is too off topic to discuss here since it is not related to the horn sub project.  Please contact Eminence directly at info@eminence.com.

Thanks,
McJerry

Andy_G

Thanks Centauri
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:07:22 AM »

nice to have good feedback, hope it is useful.  We will see what the price is !!

Ta Muchly
AG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.