ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lighting a hot tub!  (Read 2693 times)

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
Lighting a hot tub!
« on: July 17, 2004, 06:57:25 PM »

Yeah you read correctly! Smile One of the bars that we do sound and lighting for is having an “erotic night”: with female erotic dancers. The bar holds about 800 people or so. We have done some nice rigging jobs there. Anyways I am getting off topic. They put a hot tub on the stage for the dancers when they are not dancing. They wanted to put two par 48 cans over the tub with nice L106 Red gels. Now I am thinking a hot tub with 2 red gels about 11 feet over your head all you need is a stick of butter and voila- lobster dinner! Smile They also wanted to put red gels in every light. Basically Erotic = red. They where very adamant about the red pars over the hot tub they also have a bunch of black lights up at the top in the ceiling. I saved a lot of time by convincing them to just shut off the lighting rig (that consists of about 15 pars about 18 feet high of every color) and letting me rent them about 15 pars on floor plates to use for up lighting the walls to provide a red accent and 2 of my SGM 400 Giotto Wash lights to “set the mood” I have them time code driven to change from dark reds to blues to pink to magenta etc. (G-d bless CMY) that took about 1 hour to install and cost them about $100.00 more then it would to change all the gels with a ladder (and change them all back) especially cause they are all pointing at the stage.

What do you think good call? What would you have done in that scenario?

BTW: I have not seen the dancers and I have another job to do the same night so I can’t go take any pics to post (of the lighting or the girls)
Very Happy
Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com

Scott S.

Re: Lighting a hot tub!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:13:18 PM »

red, girls, and a hot tub sounds very sexy... but what you are describing also sounds very red.  i would say that some color other than red on the hot tub or the dancing areas would help to reveal more of the dancers form... which i think is the real point anyway, isn't it?   Smile  A whole night of things lit up red can get tiring on the eyes.  Some other colors slipped in slightly can help to give more shadow and form, and give the eyes a rest from the intensity of the red.

Some things to think about...

Scott

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 11:37:02 AM »

I agree thats why I had the two SGM washs I can create any practicly any color. And any deep color would be nice. Smile
Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com

Dr.Remulak

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 03:20:31 PM »

If the Hot Tub/Spa has its own underwater lighting access you can replace the normal white light with one of several styles of color changing LED OEM replacement lights.  Check with Pulsar or Color Kinetics for the right fir.  Then you can set the LED to do anything from a color strobe to a slow color changing wash to a solid color and not worry about the Lobster Fest.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.