ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: RMX 5050 not impressed  (Read 12031 times)

Bob Lee (QSC)

Re: RMX 5050 not impressed
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2004, 11:57:21 AM »

There may be a small pop or thump, but it shouldn't be anything much. If it's loud or really noticeable, there's probably something wrong.

Because of the human ear's non-linear sensitivity to low frequencies, even slight gain mismatches can have a large effect on the perceived loudness or "fullness" of sub systems. I'm not saying that is the cause of your experience, but it is quite common and something that is easily overlooked.
Bob Lee
Applications Engineer, Tech Services Group QSC Audio
Secretary, Audio Engineering Society
www.linkedin.com/in/qscbob

"If it sounds good, it is good."
 -Duke Ellington

Phil Ouellette

Re: RMX 5050 not impressed
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 12:21:13 PM »

Bob Lee (QSC) wrote on Mon, 23 August 2004 11:57

Because of the human ear's non-linear sensitivity to low frequencies, even slight gain mismatches can have a large effect on the perceived loudness or "fullness" of sub systems. I'm not saying that is the cause of your experience, but it is quite common and something that is easily overlooked.

The drummer in a church gig I used to do, loved to sneak in and re-eq his drum mics.  I could always tell he had been at it because all of the eq gain controls on his channels were turned up to max boost (like I wasn't going to notice that).  His claim was that it just sounded better that way.  My response was "that's what the fader is for".  Louder always sounds better when comparing gear or eq settings etc.

Phil
That's "newbiesque" to my friends.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.