ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Powering up (and down, i suppose)  (Read 8428 times)

nullset

Re: Powering up (and down, i suppose)
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 08:44:07 AM »

Yeah, this room is a very odd place.

The system is a half breed of mobile and permanent install - it doesn't move around TOO often, but it does move around occasionally.  

I think at this stage it might be best to just get the 4 (or 5) 20 A drops installed at the mix position (or perhaps a distro panel with 4 20A circuits in it).  That way I won't have to worry about remote powering, and the room isn't large enough for the cable lengths to really become an issue.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.

--buddy

Vince Byrne

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 09:27:24 AM »

nullset wrote on Thu, 15 July 2004 07:44

I think at this stage it might be best to just get the 4 (or 5) 20 A drops installed at the mix position (or perhaps a distro panel with 4 20A circuits in it).

Then look at the Furman rack-mount distros, and look at Motion Labs. IIRC Furman has a 6x20A with sequencing and 5x20A without. Motion has all kinds of stuff. With a rack mount distro with sequencing you still might be coming up on a grand ...

Peace,
Vince <><

nullset

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 10:40:55 AM »

I'm still trying to decide what to recommend here.

What I have:
Spirit LX-7 mixer
random rack equipment (Nothing high powered)
2x QSC MX-1500a
1x QSC PLX1602
1x Peavey 800ish watt deal
2 other small (500-1000 watt) amps running monitors (on stage)

1 QSC MX-1500 drives a pair of front speakers, the other drives a pair of speakers in the middle of the room, and the 800ish watt peavey drives a pair of speakers in the rear.

The PLX1602 drives a JBL MP255 subwoofer which is in the front of the room.

So....how much power do i need?  I've tried to estimate but I'm not sure if i'm in the right range or not.  Do i need 2x 20A? 1 x 1.21 jiggawatts? (j/k)

The other question is should i move one QSC amp and the PLX1602 to the front of the room and just turn them on by hand? If so should I get a 20A circuit there? 2 20A circuits? Should I just consult an electrical contractor and ask? Smile

thanks for advice,

--buddy
www.gtccf.org - this is the place i'm volunteering my time
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 3.982 seconds with 17 queries.