ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice needed on install for 1500 seater venue  (Read 3253 times)

Dan J Sullivan

• http://www.av-tools.co.uk
Advice needed on install for 1500 seater venue
« on: July 25, 2004, 05:58:13 PM »

I have been asked to spec a rig for a 1500 seater audotorium.  It seats 1000 on the ground floor and 500 on the balcony.  In the past we have run a 6KW EV system in there with good results on the ground floor.  The venue is used for all sorts of live music.  The budget is limited and I was wondering how unsuitable the martin audio F/S ranges would be, as they seem to offer a good price/performance ratio.  I was considering 4 x S218's and 4 x F15's for the ground floor and flying 2 more F15's on the truss grid to cover the balcony.  Amps wise I was looking at QSC and lab gruppen.  They already have an EV P2000 and an EV P3000 as well as 2 x DX38 system controllers.  Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

(Please note Im based in the UK, and would prefer not to have to track down US models that are not distributed over here)

Many thanks

Dan

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Advice needed on install for 1500 seater venue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 05:54:46 PM »

I don't mean to denigrate your good intentions or your ability, but if this is a permanent installation for a 1500 seat theatre the owner should talk to a professional installation company. If you are familiar with the space and it's use you should be involved in the process. Being in the US I don't know many installers in the UK, however one of them is Autograph. I am sure there are others to choose from. Probably the concert hire companies like SSE and Wigwam have install departments. Any of these companies should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Mac Kerr
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.