ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Help Finding Used LONG-FRAME TRS Patch Cables!  (Read 2339 times)

Caldo71

Need Help Finding Used LONG-FRAME TRS Patch Cables!
« on: July 12, 2004, 11:20:24 am »

Hi Folks,

Firstly let me say that legitimately this should be in a Buy/Sell/Trade forum like many of the other message boards have, but ProSoundWeb doesn't seem to have that, so I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by posting this here. I'm hoping somebody could help me rather than FLAME me! So here's the pitch...

Anybody trying to get rid of some used long-frame 1/4" TRS cables?

Just bought my first set of patch bays, which I got for what SEEMED like a great price ($109 per 48-point bay, normaled) as they came with 20' snakes already pre-soldered to 'em and ready to rokk. Used from Mr. Patchbay in Texas...good place.

THEN when I got 'em in the mail I realized that the front jacks take LONG FRAME TRS cables, which are way more expensive and hard to find than regular TRS cables.

I don't want to spend a huge chunk of dough just to buy a big batch of patch cables for this thing! I realize I'll be very happy with the build quality on this bay and those cables, but jeez! So, anybody trying to get rid of some used long-frame 1/4" TRS cables? I have ta ask....

PM me or email me at: asullivan2@balzac.com

Peace,
Adam
Level 8 Chicken of the Infinite
http://www/dbhstudios.com/blue/room.html

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Need Help Finding Used LONG-FRAME TRS Patch Cables!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 11:32:26 pm »

If you are going to use patch bays, don't skimp on the patch cables. Do not use 1/4" plugs, and do not get used patch cables. Your sound will be depending on those cables, you don't want someone else's cast offs. Audio Accessories makes some of the best patch bays and cables.

Mac Kerr

Caldo71

Re: Need Help Finding Used LONG-FRAME TRS Patch Cables!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 01:50:28 pm »

Thanks. Yeah, I ended up buying really nice long-frame connectors and bulk cable and doing it all myself. A huge pain in the ass but worth the cost savings and reliability/sound quality.

Adam
Level 8 Chicken of the Infinite
http://www/dbhstudios.com/blue/room.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.