ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you all get your ears cleaned? (kinda gross)  (Read 3754 times)

Eric Wong!

Do you all get your ears cleaned? (kinda gross)
« on: July 10, 2004, 02:13:19 AM »

...ok this is kinda nasty so stop reading now if you dont want to hear about ear wax.  Ok so tonite I was working underneath my car when I rolled over and then I heard this loud noise, im like what in the hell I thought something might have dropped in my ear.  Then i shook my head around and there was definately something loose in my ear.  So I got up, went to the bedroom and started headbanging on the pillow sideways.  (gross part) I was expecting to see some dirt or somethin but low and behold it looked like ear wax.  Nasty.  Real nasty.  It was a good size too, I was wondering how much sound it was absorbing while in my ear.  sheesh.  I wonder if theres anything in the other ear as well.  Good lord, for us who love sound and music I would think build up in the ear would be quite a sound blocker.  

Dave Junius

Re: Do you all get your ears cleaned? (kinda gross)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 02:09:05 PM »

Never thought I would be having this conversation but.  I actually clean my ears on occasion. I seem to have a small problem with wax build-up and when a period of time goes by I tend to have build-up that blocks all noise, kinda like having water in the ear. If you go by the drug store, they should sell an ear wax removal kit. All it contains is a chemical (hydrogen peroxide) with a bulb(something to get small amounts of chemical into the ear). My doctor told me to use approx. 10 drops of peroxide, wait 30 or so seconds, then rinse with warm water making sure not to create a seal between the bulb and the ear cannal as damage could occur. The peroxide softens the wax and the warm water washes it away. Several times a year help out dramatically. There must be more of us out there or they wouldn't sell these kits. So now that it seems like I am the ear wax expert I will go find something else to do.

Dave

John Horvath

• http://www.alanproaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 02:14:49 AM »

Personally, I can't stand things in my ears, even Qtips.  For some reason I cough spastically when I put Qtips in my ears.  Unfortunately for my girlfriend, I can only stand to do it about once a month, if that much.  And even then, the only way I can get it done is in a steaming hot shower.  Though luckily for me, and for my girlfriend, I don't have too much wax build-up.

-John

Alan Pro Audio
219-769-3600

Mike MacWillie

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 07:42:27 AM »

Q-Tip once a day for me, Right after the morning shave. Smile

nullset

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 10:14:18 AM »

For the health of your ears, do NOT use Q-tips. They are not sterile and tend to cause ear infections.

I've talked to countless ENTs who have all told me the same thing.  If you want to clean your ears out, either get one of the kits mentioned above or have an ear doctor do it.

I used to get occasional ringing in my ears - all the ambient noise would go away and be replaced by a loud ring.  It would always go away after a few seconds.  Every time I've gotten my ears cleaned by a doctor, it has gone away completely.

ttyl,

--buddy

Dave Bigelow

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 08:24:25 PM »

Yeah, say no to the Q-Tips. I was told that back when I welded for a living and my ears got clogged up from build-up. The doc said that most of the time they also just push the wax back further into your ear along with the infection issues.

I do the hydrogen peroxide warm water thing myself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.