ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LABs in UK  (Read 8062 times)

Cai Longman

Re: LABs in UK
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 06:59:34 AM »

I have a QSC RMX 4050HD to power 'em and a DBX driverack PA to cross 'em.

Maybe see you for a large event this summer sometime?

Keep up the good work!

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 11:55:48 AM »

4050's are nice amps i have them to run my mids and 18's. dbx too on the x-over side of things. only problem is it needs upgrading due to 2 bass signalls with separate delay and x over needed to run the labs and 18's, mo money, its seems like a never ending path to the debt free door.

Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Brad Litz

Driver Displacement
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 12:28:28 AM »

Comparative displacement plots are attached (60 volts input), v2.0 top, v3.0 bottom. I wanted to extend the bass response below 30 Hz for home theater use so there is more displacement down low in v3.0. If you high pass filter at 30 hz for pro use the displacements will be about the same. The extra displacement in v3.0 at 45 hz increases ouput to flatten the response some.

index.php/fa/275/0/
Brad Litz

David Trotter

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 07:18:41 AM »

Quite funny that you've called you're system Bassic. We used BassiK for our first year, then got togeather with a group who ran nights called Dissident and thats our name now. Names always go around.

Off to a place in Brizzle called burbage joinery, to get a quote on wood cutting for 4 labs on their bling new digital table saw. Don't trust cutting the wood myself!

Anyone used the new 18mm cad and pdf files with the metric conversions yet?

Tom's rig was fat, but with the labs on the floor, you had to get down low to hear them. Guess you need a big room to appreciate.

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 04:00:40 AM »

be interested to know how much they charge for cutting the wood, looking into cnc myself for getting the next batch cut, cutting is the time consuming part of construction, sticking it all togeather dont take that long, well kind of not that long.....
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

David Trotter

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 06:48:48 AM »

Interesting story

Called up a company called Stage 2 who advertise CND routing in Bristol and sent designs/equired etc. They said "is that the AMerican design what looks like a snale shell?" looks like they've done it before. Trying to work out who else in Bristol is building labs!

waiting to get a pricing. will let you know Jeff, perhaps it'l be cheaper if they've already done it before...

Paulm

• http://www.tribeofmunt.com
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

hello chaps !

let us know about these prices for cnc cutting, we want another four asap and we could probably get a decent price if we got them to do a job lot on them.

I was thinking about approaching Imperial college london as i know they have some fat CNC machines there and take on external work. but i am not too sure what to do about supplying DXF files (i think these can be fed straight in to the cnc computer) as we want them to router in the module panels to the side panels and this isnt detailed on the plans on peter's site.

drop me an email at paul@tribeofmunt.org

nice.

Paul McMullan

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 11:54:23 AM »

ha! paul, welcome to my UK thread, forgot to tell you about it.
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

David Trotter

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 01:51:48 PM »

Will ask about discount for supplying wood for 4/6/8

The guy said the .dwg files that they had were crap because they didn't describe how the wood is to be cut from each piece of 8x4, just what pieces are required or something like that...

Having routed slots for the module would make things a hell of a lot easier. you'l have to redraw the piece sizes a bit bigger etc i guess. The current 18mm cad files don't have these in them.

Quick question, the baffles are made out of 12mm ply right? then the two sheets are glues togeather. Then did you just glue and screw them to the surrounding flare pieces to make the modules? did you use any special wood glue?

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 04:22:12 AM »

router the baffles into the surrounding module for extra strength, UPVA wood glue, green bottle from B&Q would be fine, just make sure that any gaps are filled with some epoxy or hard setting wood filler. make sure you cut the baffle with the extra mm's to go in to the router channel.

to join the flare to the baffle, glue and then screw.
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.