ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: LABs in UK  (Read 8063 times)

Jeff Woodford

LABs in UK
« on: July 08, 2004, 11:01:52 AM »

does anyone know of or is there anyone on here that has built LAB horns in the UK?

i am a paint job away from finishing my first 2, i know of 1 other person in the uk with 2....
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Rob Kettridge

Re: LABs in UK
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 11:15:26 AM »

Which version of the design are you using. I'm trying to locate a set of plans (like the new 18mm ones on the information page) for the version 3 horn. I've tried emailing Brad but he only did a few sketches.

Thanks

Rob Kettridge
Rob Kettridge

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 12:26:21 PM »

i'm using Peter Sylvesters mk 2 designs with 18mm marine ply, have not looked into the mk3 designs, my labs however have turned into the mk4 version, as i have made some slight modifications to the box (wheel and handle and access cover mods) as i'm sure most people have! be wary of the 18mm conversion plans there is a few head scratchin moments in there, measure twice cut once is the name of the game

so are you in the uk then?
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Rob Kettridge

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 12:57:44 PM »

Yeah i'm in Nottingham.

Looking at building a couple of LABs and obviously want to use the best sounding design. I read that the version 3 had smoothed out the response a bit. If i can't find any proper plans i'll probably resort to building version 2. What were the mods you did to yours? Anything major?
Rob Kettridge

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 09:40:54 AM »

The modifications i made constisted of throwing away the construction guides after 2 days work and going about it my own way, it is imposible to build a box exactly to the 18mm ply conversion dimentions. Plan your own method of assembly, worked for me.

The main layout of the horn in the box is as the mk 2, i did make my own personal mods like handle placement, wheels, metal access covers etc.

tested one last night with some drum and bass, oh baby.
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Phil Pope

• http://www.apacheacoustics.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 10:54:28 PM »

good to hear someone using the LABs for D&B Smile  Apparently the Tribe of Munt (techno sound system) have been using some LABs for a few months.  Let me know if the LABs will be out gigging as I would love to have a listen to the finished article.

BTW I am using Peter's design.  The V3.0 does smooth the frequency response but seems to allow greater cone excursion so I decided against.

Phil

Cai Longman

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 05:45:37 AM »

I am based in the South West and we are SLOWLY building our first pair of Lab's for more Techno/DnB party action.

Would love to hear the tribe of munt's system in action - do you have a phone number?

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 11:19:38 AM »

i am not part of Tribe of Munt

my system is called NINE BAR. we will be rinsing the LAB horns for the first time at a party this saturday call 07977 909 116

the system will comprise of 2 LAB's, 4 18" folded horns and 4 tops, 2x 12", 1 1/2" and 1" built tweeter.

we will be doing a link up with tribe of munt very soon, expect a the sickest free party link up you have ever heard 20k of ToM turbosound with 2 labs, and 20k of Nine bar custom made jbl driven + 2 lab horns, both rigs powered by crown and qsc amps.

bassic, what system are you from?
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Cai Longman

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 05:26:25 AM »

Hi Jeff,

Our system is small but lovely. Our name changes on a fairly regular basis, but at the moment it is called BASSIC.

We do the odd party and pub night in and around Dorchester but we have only recently become system owners prefering to go to Bristol based free parties (were you at steart/ smeatharpe/ leominster/ merthyr?)

Our system is made up of 4 12" coax beymer speakers and will soon include a pair of LabSubs (C-Audio and QSC amps). We also sometimes add a mate's KAM 1850's for a little extra.

I'm sure I have been to a NINE BAR party - are you from the south west too? Will you be doing a post Ashton Court Party?

Maybe see you there. Twisted Evil

Jeff Woodford

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 06:49:36 AM »

We are from the south east, never really been up bristol way, the parties you mensioned we did not have the rig for some of them, but did attend steart and smetharpe. Cool

We are doing our own party on saturday, check out squatjuice.com

what amp and cross over will you be using to run the labs btw?
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.