ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I understand growing pains....  (Read 1857 times)

Karl P(eterson)

I understand growing pains....
« on: July 01, 2004, 01:52:00 am »

But what is going on with the site may I ask? The forums seem to be overloading quite regularly now. Is it a hardware issue or config problem?

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

Ernie Black

• SR Forums
    • http://www.standingstone.com
Re: I understand growing pains....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:25:37 am »

Growing pains, yes. Last week we addressed a hardware issue, replacing disks in the server to prevent the failures which had happened a few times over the preceding weeks. Last night we had a different problem (though it looked the same to the outside) with disk space issues due to web log rotations, backups, etc., which was also addressed and which should not recur. Thank you for your patience as we continue to grow and improve our services.
Ernie Black, Code Warrior
ProSoundWeb Forums Webmaster

Karl P(eterson)

Re: I understand growing pains....
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 11:42:16 am »

Well, I posted as much for any reason to make sure you were aware ~_^. I had a client once who after _months_ told me about a db server that only responded part of the time. There was a slight error in the error reporting/checking routines (unix kit) that kept me from being notified of service outage. Turns out they were overloading it with twice the amount of users/transactions they originally intended to run on it and the daemon server kept restarting itself. The kicker? There reply to why they didn't report it.

"Well, with our last people they couldn't fix it unless it didn't work at all."

Well.... we fixed that viewpoint.

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.