ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x-over frequencies  (Read 2762 times)

Jeff Woodford

x-over frequencies
« on: June 30, 2004, 11:42:50 AM »

New to this board, but as I am nearing completion of my first 2 LAB horns, thought i would join up and begin the LAB horn experience Very Happy

Need a little advise on x-over frequencies

1. what do people cross there labs over at

2. how high are they adviseable to go to

3. and more importantly how low.

Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.

Timmahh

• http://www.chromepony.us
Re: x-over frequencies
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:34:50 PM »

from what i have gathered, if you have built ver2 of the Lab, then crossover, is to be about 80 to maybe 110 are a few of the numbers i have heard... if you built ver3, then up to 200 acording to Brad Litz.... he has made modifications to the Module which alows the unit to successfully reach up to 200hz cleanly and clearly... if you look for his posts regarding v3 Lab sub, then you ll find the link to his site, which he has the expected responses, as well as the actual responses in use. they do what he has expected.   My partner and i am currently in the process of building 6 to 7 Pair of this version, even though we ll still be xing around the 80 mark.  
hope this helps.
Timmahh
I had to do it cuz I'm Just like that!!!!!
Timmahh!!!

Jeff Woodford

Re: x-over frequencies
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 10:02:40 AM »

cheers, am building the mk2 lab, will have 2 sitting on the bottom of a stack of 4 18" folded horns and my 4 tops, double 12", 1.5" comp and 1" bullit.

the 18's go fairly low at the moment but sound a bit ruff when pushed hard so will cut back to around 50hz-120, and the labs 30-70-80hz, want to run a mini stack every now and then with 2 labs and 2 tops but not sure the top will go down to lower than 120-100 without sounding stropy, so want wanted to know how high i could push the labs.
Jeff Woodford
Technical Sales
LMC Audio Systems.
London, UK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 21 queries.