ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: about to by yorkville u15 what can you tell me  (Read 4318 times)

thejesse

about to by yorkville u15 what can you tell me
« on: June 05, 2004, 03:42:45 PM »

that pretty mutch says it all  yorkville u15 anny help please

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
Re: about to by yorkville u15 what can you tell me
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 10:03:58 PM »

Any specific questions about the cabs?  

We have had several through here for demonstrations, installations, and sales.  They are great sounding boxes for the money.  I don't think you'll find anything in it's price range that sounds as good and/or arrays as well.  

What is your application?

Feel free to PM/Email me directly for more info.

Jeffrey Knorr

PS We are dealers so that is my opinion FWIW.  Smile
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Eric Wong!

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 01:44:03 AM »

I wont be much help but I definately want to get my hands on a set or more of these.  The Unity horn definately looks promising.  

Dave Junius

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 09:08:09 AM »

Hi all,
I am trying to do my research for purchasing a new set of speaks. I have been looking at the JBL MP series but have seen a lot of talk here about these U15's. The specs are somewhat similar as far as SPL, pattern, freq. range ect. but power needs are way different. I know that you get what you pay for and I always try to get the best I can afford. I have listened to a pair of the JBL's but not the Yorkville's. Is there going to be a $320 per box difference between the two?

Thanks

Dave in ATL

thejesse

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 08:08:12 PM »

we will be using them mostly fore house breaks goa in and out side
crouds up to 600 6 of thees on top of 6 labs powered by six qsc
2450s brig mono so what you think

Steve Shafer

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 08:13:24 PM »

The 1" compression driver in the U series is a BMS driver.  If you have not heard that driver, listen to the new JBL MP4XX series boxes.  JBL describes it as thier anular ring diaphram driver.  Word on the street is that BMS had to keep making the diaphrams as JBL could not get them right.

When i listened to the JBL MP415, the high end sounded unlike any other one inch that i have head, and the BMS design is the reason why.  IT is different.  You may like it you may not.  It is very transparent and very clean with no metalic sound and no horn gawk.

Given that the 1" in the Unity is BMS, it will cross over lower than most 1" drivers and will be legit out to 20khz-not that many of us can hear those frequencies.  

My .02 cents

Steve S

Ray Abbitt

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 09:03:49 PM »

Stevesb65 wrote on Mon, 21 June 2004 17:13

Given that the 1" in the Unity is BMS, it will cross over lower than most 1" drivers and will be legit out to 20khz-not that many of us can hear those frequencies.
One of the things that both myself and Mike Pyle noticed is that there are things we didn't hear with other speakers as compared to the U15's, particularly high frequencies. (And not in a bad way.) At least to me, they sound very good. (Now I just have to put the money together to buy them--I've heard them and now I want them.) I doubt that there is anything out there that rivals them without spending a whole lot more money.

-ray

Jonathan Y

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 04:31:41 PM »

i'm thinking about getting some too. How well do they array? and whats the best way to array them?

Thanks

Phil Pope

• http://www.apacheacoustics.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 11:07:09 AM »

If you use the U15 or U215 in bi-amp mode but actually use alternative subs for everything below 300Hz, how much more output can you get from the mid/high horn alone when it is not attenuated to match the 15" section?  

Anyone know which BMS driver they are using?  

Are there any unity type mid/high boxes without a woofer?

cheers
Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.