ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about DL-1 from an "outsider".  (Read 1897 times)

Karl P(eterson)

Question about DL-1 from an "outsider".
« on: June 11, 2004, 07:30:43 PM »

I am an audio consultant in mostly install work but do dabble in lighting on occasion. In any case, I just saw an all out 9 fixture demo of the DL-1 units. For what they are, the price isn't horible really. What made me curious was the reliablity of these units. I understand they are pretty new on the scene so long term reliablity wouldn't be known yet, but I am curious in any event. Has anyone gotten these into there systems yet? If so have any complaints/compliments?

Thanks for your time,

Karl P
TeamLeader.Technical Systems - CCH

JonPaul

Re: Question about DL-1 from an "outsider".
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 09:30:15 AM »

As far as reliability goes HighEnd (the manufacture) is probably one of the most reliable Co. out there. As far as the fixture and what it can do for the price remember that if you were watching a demo of the fixture it was almost certainly being run by the Catalyst video sever which will put another $25,000 – $30,000 to your price tag. Or at least that is what was quoted me at LDI this last year.
JonPaul Woodliff
Optimystik Productions

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
Re: Question about DL-1 from an "outsider".
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 08:04:56 AM »

Yep, High End does make very well built products.  Martin is also developing a media server which will work with any video product.  Others are already out.  So I'm sure the price will drop below $20K very soon.  Maybe it will even crack $10K before 2005 is out, but I doubt it with the weak dollar.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.