ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: still wondering  (Read 24248 times)

Phillip_Graham

Re: still wondering
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 04:16:32 PM »

John Sheerin wrote on Thu, 10 June 2004 14:29

I finally got the horn built a few months ago and am about done testing it.  We're (Eminence) planning on putting the plans on our website...I also came up with a smaller design (30"x30"x13.5") that uses one HL10 and can be used ala the LAB sub.  A stack of 4 outside looks good, while a stack of 16 would be smokin'.  I am working on getting this one built and tested.
John

John, I would definitely be interested in the plans for the 30x30 variant, this looks very promising indeed.  When will they be available?

John Sheerin

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 04:58:45 PM »

Hello,
I am getting a cabinet built.  As soon as it gets assembled and I can test it, I will get the plans posted.  I am hoping around a month, but at the moment that still depends on several factors that are beyond my control.

John

raj

• http://-
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 01:14:25 AM »

Hi John,
Could you let me have the link for the Hornresp software
RL

David Little

• http://www.dblittle.com
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 06:39:30 PM »

raj wrote on Sat, 19 June 2004 01:14

Hi John,
Could you let me have the link for the Hornresp software

A quick Google search turned this up:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/dmcbean/
http://www.dblittle.com/catalog/images/dblit310x90b.gif

Magnus "Magic" Johansson

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 11:34:43 AM »

John Sheerin wrote on Thu, 10 June 2004 21:29

Hello,
I hope this is not considered advertising, but anyway...

I have also used 4 of them in a vented box for bass guitar.  It's 24"x24"x15" and uses two square ports 4" on a side and 28" long that run along the top and bottom back corners of box, venting out the sides.  This gives it an EBS style tuning at 30hz.

John

I hope this is not too much off-topic but I'm in the process of designing a series of bass-guitar boxes, and a 2*10 and a 4*10 are first in line.

I considered the Deltalite 2510 for the low weight, at least for the 4*10, or the Legend-series. Would You say thet the HL-10A would be a better choice, pricewise they are in the same ballpark. The HL-10A would go much lower and in a very small box.

Regards
Magic

PS. Are You sure about the ports, I figure 28" port length would tune lower than 30 Hz ?

John Sheerin

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 01:25:50 PM »

Hi,
Could you email me at info@eminence.com?  This is a bit off-topic for the forum, at least imo.

John

Benkev

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 04:31:50 PM »

Hi John.  Even though you are right, it is a bit off topic, I suspect that nearly everyone that monitors this forum is interested in this topic, your opinions, your construction plans, etc.  This is at least partly because bass players are over-represented in the ranks of SR personnel.  You rarely see a drummer, keyboarder, or guitarist at FOH - it's always a current or former bass player.

So let us all know!

Thanks.

John Sheerin

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 08:19:57 AM »

Okay,
Well, the HL10 is not necessarily better than the Deltalite 2510, just different.  The Deltalite is about 7dB more sensitive but doesn't have as much xmax.  For the same power input (both have the same power rating), the Deltalite will give you a lot more midrange output (where neither driver is excursion-limited).  On the low end, you could argue that in the same size box with the same tuning, you will get the same sensitivity.  However, you can retune the boxes and end up getting a lot more really low low bass out of the HL10 due to its T/S parameters and its larger xmax.

For bass guitar, I would use the HL10 if you want a smallish box that can go really low.  You definitely need power to drive it, though.  For more typical bass guitar boxes, the Deltalite could work fine.  The 12" version is actually pretty popular for bass guitar, with the lower weight of the neo motor being the main attraction.

The port tuning I gave was arrived at by using the Eminence Designer software which is a stripped down version of Harris Tech Bass Box Pro, I think.  I have built one of these boxes and it seems to work as predicted, but I have not actually measured the tuning frequency.  The box is up in the 80-100 pound range and lacks handles or wheels, and I haven't moved it very far from the spot where I loaded the drivers in it...

John

Magnus "Magic" Johansson

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 08:24:48 AM »

Yep, that is quite strange, isn't it ?
What makes a bass player interested or qualified ( ??? ) as a SR-guy ?

Off topic now, perhaps ?

Magic

Too Tall (Curtis H. List)

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 11:19:09 AM »

Magic wrote on Thu, 24 June 2004 08:24

Yep, that is quite strange, isn't it ?
What makes a bass player interested or qualified ( ??? ) as a SR-guy ?]

Magic

Clearly you haven't heard any of the musician jokes out there.

A drummer usually isn't even considered a musician. They are still working on evolving to "Missing Link". (See "Animal" drummer for the Muppets as a typical specimen).

The Guitar player would be too concerned with his hair and any females present (For advice on hair care products mostly)

The keyboard player doesn't NEED anyone else. No other musicians or mix person. A small portable powered speaker and everything is covered.

That leaves
Too Tall
        Curtis H. List    
             Bridgeport, Mich.   
        I.A.T.S.E. Local # 274 (Gold Card)
        Lansing, Mich
Independent Live Sound Engineer (and I'm Tall Too!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.