ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: D-9 EQ In Action  (Read 2940 times)

Mike Lucito

D-9 EQ In Action
« on: June 05, 2004, 02:30:01 AM »

This is just messed up:
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/US/Central/06/05/bulldozer.rampage/story.bulldozer.ap.jpg
http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/state/article/0,1299,DRMN_ 21_2939053,00.html

dwstojan

Re: D-9 EQ In Action
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 09:15:46 AM »

Just goes to show what planning and commitment can do. It's a shame the "driver" felt badgered to the point of such extreme retaliation and ultimate self destruction.

While the right wing press ties up the airways with countless hours of hearse chasing / casket viewing veneration of an admittedly likable old figurehead, I find the background to the linked story a much more worthy subject.

Seeing how this is the Basement, I reckon I can get away with such off topic rhetoric.
P.S. vote Quimby

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:21:43 PM »

dwstojan wrote on Tue, 08 June 2004 08:15

Seeing how this is the Basement, I reckon I can get away with such off topic rhetoric.

Dude! that's why the basement is here. It's the ultimate off-topic catch-all.

Have you ever been over to the Marsh Forum Basement?

It's no-holds-barred over there! I mean that in a good way.  Very Happy

There is no reason we can't have those kinds of discussions over here. Unless of course, live sound guys are simply more polite and less opinionated.

Yeah, RIGHT!  Laughing
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Dawbr

• http://www.randygartnersound.com
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 10:13:25 PM »

I don't think I'd call the guy "badgered".I'd call him crazy.The people of that town are lucky that idiot didn't kill anyone.As to your right wing radio comment,if you'd  listen to some local " right wing " radio,( at least in out area ) you'd find that they talk about alot of different subjects including zoning. What I like about talk radio  is they bring up issues,or allow the callers to bring up issues that won't come up in the local newspaper.

dwstojan

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 05:50:01 AM »

Dawbr wrote on Sun, 13 June 2004 21:13

I don't think I'd call the guy "badgered".I'd call him crazy.The people of that town are lucky that idiot didn't kill anyone.As to your right wing radio comment,if you'd  listen to some local " right wing " radio,( at least in our area ) you'd find that they talk about alot of different subjects including zoning. What I like about talk radio  is they bring up issues,or allow the callers to bring up issues that won't come up in the local newspaper.

Hi Chuck,

I said : "It's a shame the "driver" felt badgered to the point of such extreme retaliation and ultimate self destruction."

There's an old saying: "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you".

And what little I've read thus far seems to indicate he took a care not to injure people - he was making a point with their property.

And I didn't say "radio". Quote: "While the right wing press ties up the airways with countless hours of hearse chasing / casket viewing veneration of an admittedly likable old figurehead, I find the background to the linked story a much more worthy subject."

Frankly I found the seemingly non-stop (CNN TV) live camera feed following the hearse down the freeway somewhat stupid and morbid. Everytime I checked CNN for news it was all casket all the time. Maybe I was just unlucky that I caught it such (I don't spend hours waiting for news to appear). It just seemed like there was a lot more going on in the world than what the media was presenting. Evidently towards the end of the week long gala the media decided there was other important stuff to report too.

There are a few of us that don't feel former President Reagan walked on water; in fact you'll find a lot of his "achievements" are viewed differently by many. But rather than engage in a political debate (a sure fired, everybody gets wet pissing match) I'll simply say that my sympathies go more so to the friends and family of the "idiot" that didn't kill anyone (besides himself. suicide: the sincerest form of self criticism).

P.S. vote Quimby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.