ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dbx IEQ-31  (Read 11778 times)

Bruce Gering

dbx IEQ-31
« on: May 06, 2004, 07:04:35 AM »

Anybody use these yet? I read a review in the FOH rag, sounds like the ideal EQ for my monitors. TIA-Bruger
Sometimes I wish I had a clone of myself so I could enjoy life while my clone worked for me. Thing is, my clone would just keep the money, or worse yet, I would be working while he enjoyed my life!

Dan Timon

Re: dbx IEQ-31
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 08:23:27 AM »

I bought a couple of them for my son's school, and spent a little time with them setting them up-and I am very pleased with them. They were doing a play using about 15 wireless lavs of various make/model and there were enough filters to gain another 6 or 8 dB before feedback without making the sound any worse than it already was (high school gym, of course).

I mix monitors regularly using a Protea 4.24g system, but would be happy to use the IEQ-31s, especially if I needed more GBF than I could get from a graphic EQ. I prefer them to DN360s-they do not sound any better or worse, but the antifeedback features are an added value-and they cost less. I got them for $550 each, and might have beaten that deal if I had more time.

Highly recommended.

Regards,

Dan Timon

Jamin Lynch

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 04:18:02 PM »

I have an ieQ for FOH. I've found that you must have an extreme feedback before the anti feedback feature kicks in. By that time I've found the problem and corrected it. I find myself not even using this feature.

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 08:00:01 PM »

Jamin wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 13:18

I have an ieQ for FOH. I've found that you must have an extreme feedback before the anti feedback feature kicks in. By that time I've found the problem and corrected it. I find myself not even using this feature.

One way to get the feedback to be less extreme is to turn down the amplifier input trim knobs and increase your mix levels until your EQ is getting a fair signal coming in to it. Run the mixer hot and back the amps off a bit. If you don't want to touch the amp trims, turn down the crossover outputs or pad the amp inputs. I suspect your EQ isn't getting as much juice as it needs to engage the DSP autoEQ.

I mean, nobody wants feedback to be going on at any level (especially extremely loud) during the performance, but I can see a place for this kind of autoEQ in entry-level punk clubs with nobody in charge of sound.

If I had a gig with the iEQ I would just use the autoEQ feature after I was done setting up mics and nobody was around to get their ears blasted. Then I'd lock the filters out and for the rest of the evening work with the graphic faders exclusively. But I'd still want to be feeding the EQ enough level to get its motor running.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Jamin Lynch

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 11:17:15 PM »

Thanks Bink. I'm usually running the board hot all the time but my iEQ's "0" LED's hardly ever come on. IM me sometime so I can get some set up advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.