ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lee filter color mixing  (Read 2272 times)

Erik Jerde

Lee filter color mixing
« on: May 29, 2004, 04:22:55 AM »

Anyone know if there is an easy way to determine the filter color produced when using two lee filters?  I've got an intel with two 6 color color wheels and I'd like to know the exact color produced when inserting any two colors together.  I use lee filters on my conventionals so, a formula for converting the lee numbering system would be excellent.

Thanks,
Erik

Scott Raymond

Re: Lee filter color mixing
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 11:58:06 AM »

Erik,

I don't know about a formula to calculate colors but you can find conversion charts for Lux, Lee and Gam filters.  Calculating combined filters would probably involve adding values from the spectral energy distribution curve of each color and then comparing it to a database of the available colors, a job for a computer.  I have some conversion charts in the bowels of this machine if you can't find them on the web, that is where I originally got them.  As far as finding a color, if you have a gel swatch book it works reasonably well to combine two (or more) gels and compare with others in the book or combine them with the swatchbook.  I have done that on a few occasions when we didn't have one or two specific colors that someone wanted.  Using some gel combinations I came very close to what was needed.  I remember one or two combinations that were practically identical to the needed gel.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.