ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Price of baltic birch...  (Read 2815 times)

Eric Wong!

Price of baltic birch...
« on: May 26, 2004, 08:20:04 PM »

... I got a quote from one supplier, they said US $43.40 for a sheet of 5'x5' 18 mm thick "finland/baltic/russian birch".  This means for 10 sheets to do 2 labhorns, it will cost around $450 just for the wood?  Probably closer to $500 since I'm not that great at cutting wood I'll probably screw up.  Is this a correct figure?  I'm goign to keep shopping around.  If lowes or home depot has it like I have read then it may be cheaper.  Hmm.  

Al Limberg

Re: Price of baltic birch...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 09:44:12 PM »

That doesn't sound like a great price but perhaps not awful either.  My last purchase was at $30 per 5x5 but that was buying a 'lift' of 32 sheets.   Currently the cost of building supplies is skyrocketing due to worldwide demand.  The cost of the 1/4" aluminum plate jumped from $22 each to $39.70 each here locally since last fall!! (I use 16" squares)
Frankly. with the wood at $225 per cabinet, drivers at $300 or less, aluminum at $80 and hardware and miscellaneous at maybe $100, $700 each for subwoofers that would cost well over $2000 each commercially still seems like a pretty good deal.

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.