ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How many  (Read 3010 times)

David Trotter

How many
« on: June 02, 2004, 08:58:03 AM »

Right, after a year of thinking about it, we're gonna build some of these to replace our old and outdated scoops.

Just wondering how many would be best to start of with building. At the moment we've made 4 HD15's, 4 scoops, 2x 12" & 1.5" mid-top horn cabs and various other monitors

We'l be using a Crown 5000vz to run the labs. Should we jump in and build 4 or start of with 2? The saving would be made in getting the wood cut for 4 instead of 2.

Would 4 be too much for the hd15's and top cabs?

Silly question, we play dnb so there's no such thing as too much sub...

ARE THERE ANY 18MM CUT LISTS, i've looked through the archives and cannot find any.

cheers!

Phil Pope

• http://www.apacheacoustics.co.uk
Re: How many
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 09:39:38 AM »

Peter Sylvester has done an 18mm version which I am about to start building.  I have got CAD drawings and dxf files for all the parts but have not laid them out onto 1220*2440 sheets yet.  Are you in the UK too?  If so, perhaps we could get together?

Phil

David Trotter

Re: How many
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 06:40:07 PM »

Yea, i'm in Bristol. Those cad and dxf files would be VERY useful! I was going to take the cut list to a good carpenters with a digital tablesaw i know, and get them to cut all the pieces.
  Labs should go well with the HD15's i just finished. Feel like the Crown is going to waste on the scoops. It's already eaten 4 drivers for lunch.

-dave

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.