ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW SB284C  (Read 4922 times)

bigbark2000

EAW SB284C
« on: April 29, 2004, 12:47:28 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I am being face with a problem, and I was wondering if somebody and help me or give some advice on what to do. I have two subwoofer that came from out of an EAW SB284C cab and I was planning to use them in my two folded horn cab. I have two folded horm cab and there dimensions are the following 36x24x36 if you want to view the cab here's the link to some pictures http://www.strictlyhookups.freeweb-hosting.com/earthquake/pa ge1.htm.

So if anybody can help me or give some advice as to if these speakers are good enough to work in the folded cabinet apllication I would really appreciate it.

You can e-mail me direct at bigbarksoftware@comcast.net

Thanks,
Tyrell

Michael_Elliston¶

• http://www.geocities.com/xobt
Re: EAW SB284C
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 02:47:48 AM »

the thielle small parameters should be known first. The woofer may or maynot be suitable for a particular horn enclosure.

Once known the woofer can be modeled to see what is optimal

Re: EAW SB284C
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 11:56:20 AM »

For what it is worth, the woofers we use in our bent horn subwoofers are specifically designed to handle the amount of pressure caused by pushing air through the large bent horns, anywhere from 8 to 13 feet. CUrrently we use proprietary 12" woofers with magnets on them comparable to 18" woofers; these are very rigid and durable drivers. The 18" woofers from the SB284C are designed for that enclosure, for use in a direct radiating subwoofer. Trying to use these woofers in the design you are looking to create will damage those drivers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.