ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which web forum is best for Professional Sound topics?

forums.prosoundweb.com
- 10 (19.6%)
srforums.prosoundweb.com
- 31 (60.8%)
live-audio.com
- 10 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What board would you choose and why?  (Read 2995 times)

Edwin Patterson

What board would you choose and why?
« on: May 21, 2004, 12:44:36 AM »

Confused

I am looking at upgrading the lighting equipment at our church. The boards that I have looked at for the price range I am thinking of are the Strand 200 and the Lepricon 624. Does anyone have any recommendations?

James Turner

Re: What board would you choose and why?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 09:38:50 AM »

I spoke to Strand at PLASA last year about their 200.

They provided one on demo for a fortnight so I could try it out on a couple of gigs. Features wise it's great. I liked the ability to use a numeric keypad and editing states and chases is really nice doing it that way.

I didn't end up buying it as the arts centre I was hoping to hire it out to liked it so much they bought one after seeing it at the demo I gave. They are still using it and like it a lot.

The guy who runs the arts centre uses the soft patch a lot, he assigns specials (UV, strobe) to high DMX numbers and patches them down into his board layouts so less experienced operators don't discover them by accident and do something they would regret.

James

Edwin Patterson

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 05:38:29 PM »

Cool

Thanks for the insights I appriciate it.

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 08:00:18 PM »

I think you are comparing apples to oranges.  The Leprecon 624 is a rather limited console, aimed more at the live band/club market, than at the church/theater market.  Leprecon does make more feature laden small consoles that have feature desired for theater/church use (like softpatch, cue stacking, etc).  Look at the Leprecon 1500 series and the 1600 series. These are closer to the Strand 200.

Also, NSI makes a great board that has a ton of features. Their 7500 series is worth looking at for your church.

I have used the Leprecon 1500, 1600, and 3000 and they are all good consoles. I own a few NSI 7500s and they have been great consoles for the money. I have not used a Strand 200, but Strand does make a good theater style console.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Edwin Patterson

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 01:38:57 AM »

Thanks for the input. The prices I was quoted are within 80 dollars of each other. So if the Strand board is more like the 1500 Series Lepricon. The strand might be the better deal. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.