ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some thoughts on my stupidity ....  (Read 2722 times)

Brad Harris

Some thoughts on my stupidity ....
« on: May 12, 2004, 04:53:13 PM »

Well possibly some stupid thoughts, but we'll find out.

I've been thinking for a while about a large club rig (4 lab subs, 4 U215s?) with lights, truss, backdrops, etc.

Mainly (or at least the plan is) hard rock/metal groups, and the way some events could go (in its rarity), 18" ground stacked truss doesn't sound too good to me out front.

So I was thinking of going scaff, some 4x4 or 4x6 scaff, 2-3 sections tall with a few misc height top sections would do pretty well for any ceiling height for ground stack operations, and hang the top boxes off a 4pt bridal (or to other rated support) to a chain lift (I really don't feel like lifting 400lbs+ of PA ~10+ feet).

To me that seems alright, the load is in the centre of the scaff, no side loads, etc.

Since there is scaff, why not hang the truss off of that? I do see some potential problems, which may/maynot be of concern (side loading the scaff), but if it is all locked together (scaff to truss to scaff) would that still pose a problem?

Also to clear up, I do have rigging experience, with both truss and box rigging, but not too much with scaff, hence the question about the possible side loading. Also, when able to fly truss, that would be the way (no ground stacks, just a pick to dimmer/amp power).

So how stupid am I for thinking this???

Thanks,
Brad Harris

Tim McCulloch

Re: Some thoughts on my stupidity ....
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 01:00:14 AM »

Brad, we discussed this back on the "really classic" LAB.  http://www.live-audio.com/index.html will take you to the archive search...

You should be able to find the discussions.  Some posts (IIRC) included pics of scaffold rigging, mostly dealing with spreading the load to the vertical posts.

IMHO this is also relevant on the main LAB, so if you can't find what you need in the archives, consider reposting (or asking the moderator to move) to the LAB.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.