ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for affordable Tree-mount Portable Dimming Packs  (Read 2633 times)

Mike Greene

Looking for affordable Tree-mount Portable Dimming Packs
« on: May 17, 2004, 01:11:30 PM »

The theatre I work at is looking for some affordable tree-mount portable dimming packs. Has anyone on here have any positive/negative experiences with specific makes/models? We're looking to add 4-6 channels to our newly installed side piping, and adding packs seems as if it'd be easier than running extensions from our stage electrics to our side piping when we want lights.

Any thoughts?
Mike

Rob Timmerman

Re: Looking for affordable Tree-mount Portable Dimming Packs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 03:24:47 PM »

The Electrol Anaconda is excellent, albeit a bit pricey.  It comes with stage-pin outputs, and has built-in level setting.

Leprecon's HP-300 series is fairly well regarded, and is somewhat cheaper.  I've had some minor problems with the dimmer curves being mismatched in these dimmers, however.

Rosco has its IPS series, which is comparable to dimmer racks, but requires 3-phase power.

Most (all?) of the other tree-mount packs have fuses/triacs, instead of circuit breakers/SCRs, and do not support DMX natively.

Mike Greene

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 04:05:19 PM »

Rob T wrote on Mon, 17 May 2004 15:24

The Electrol Anaconda is excellent, albeit a bit pricey.  It comes with stage-pin outputs, and has built-in level setting.

Stage pin would be a nice feature, the extra cost would probably help offset the cost of buying a ton of edison to stagepin adaptors.

I'll do some research on these. Thanks.
Mike

Craig Leerman

• http://www.techworksvegas.com
Electrol
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 08:07:41 PM »

Just to clear things up a bit, the Electrol Anacondas are available with either Stage Pin outputs, Edison (parralel blade and ground PBG) outputs, OR 19 PIN Socopex style outputs.

In addition, the dimmers are available in both 4 or 6 channel versions in a 4 X 600 Watt, 4 X 1200 Watt, and a 6 X 800 Watt.

I use Electrol Engineering DX dimmers and have been pretty happy with them. I know that Disney Theme Parks and ESPN Zones both use Electol Anacondas (Disney has over 600 of em!) Bill (the guy who owns the company) designs and builds great products and will stand behind his stuff. They do cost a bit more, but I think they are worth it. Shocked

Craig

Follow the link for more info.

http://electrol.net/anaconda.htm
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

Rob Timmerman

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 11:25:06 PM »

I was incomplete in my previous post: Leprecon makes a 4 channel version of their pack with stagepin output.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.