ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Head-worn mics  (Read 7708 times)

Jellybean

Re: Head-worn mics
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2004, 12:42:54 PM »

If you have the budget, go for the Countryman E6.  Hands down, the best IMHO.

Jellybean

Phillip_Graham

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 09:25:51 AM »

You have had much good advice in this thread, and I am going to reiterate some of it.

For singing drummers/percussion or anything else that needs all the isolation it can get, there is only one choice, and that is the crown CM-311.

For talking heads, pastors, drama, etc.  you have two choices, the DPA 406x series, or the Countryman E6.  Neither is cheap.

The E6 is the smallest of small, virtually invisible from more than a few feet away.  It only mounts over one ear, and I don't like Countryman's soldered together wireless connections.

The DPA is slightly larger, has a better wearing system, cool screw on connector adapter system, and a much more durable kevlar sheathed cable.  It is even more money than the countryman.  You can purchase an adapter kit for it that allows it to be used as a strings or body microphone.

I use E6's weekly, but would probably pony up for the DPA if the situations were more heavy duty.  Get the omni version, either way.

Peder Berentzen

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 03:49:18 AM »

And now you can even make a PZM out of a DPA 4060/4061/4062 with a cheap mounting plate called BLM6000. Just saw it on http://www.dpamicrophones.com/

- Peder

Ronnie Blenden

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 01:30:10 AM »

Crown cm311.  But heads up... they do not fit small heads very well.  The best one on the scene right now seems to be the countryman E6.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.