ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And the Lil John count is...  (Read 1013 times)

Jason McLaurin

And the Lil John count is...
« on: May 16, 2004, 12:54:13 AM »

So a few nights ago I was mixing a regional Asian fraternity rap talent show competition.  Yes, people hold these events.  There were 24 track acts in all.  Wait, make that 23 track acts, and one band to whom I had to explain:

"Guitar to amp, amp to wall outlet.  Not guitar to wall outlet."

You know it'll be a funny night when you see a guitar player trying to fit a 1/4" guitar plug into the air grilles on your PowerLights.  First it was "Please stay away from the amp racks."  Then, as he started trying to plug it into the NL4's on the wedges, it was "Please stop trying to stick that into something."  That sounds really funny over a talkback.

Before the show, I put a piece of label tape on the bottom of the console.  On this piece of tape, I would make one tally every time "Yeah" by Usher and Lil John was performed.  

By the end of the night, there were... here it comes folks... 8 tally marks on that piece of tape!  I'd hate to be the 8th group who thought they'd be the only ones doing that song.  

Last year, if I recall, Missy Elliot would rack up those kinds of numbers at dance competitions.  

-Jason

Mike Chapin

Re: And the Lil John count is...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 12:40:40 PM »

All he ever wanted was to get into that signal path. Poor guy.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.