Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ANTARI  (Read 2397 times)

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
ANTARI
« on: May 11, 2004, 04:07:20 PM »

Anyone know anything about the ANTARI Ice machine? ie. Quality, how well it works, etc..

Granted its not an SGM or La Martire for $8000.00 but for the price what do you guys think?

Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com

Alex_C

Re: ANTARI
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 08:15:37 AM »

I have used one and here is my view:

Get a Z-3000 and stick a crate filled with ice on the end. Better effect, less money, more flexibility.

There's nothing 'wrong' with the Z-Ice, but it is just a low-output fog machine with an ice bucket and a cheap pump.

Obviously depending on your situation it might be much better to buy a dedicated low-fog machine than customize a regular one, but we use a couple of Z-3000s - normal, powerful, DMX-controlled foggers. If we want the low-fog thing, we have one of those plastic crates from the hardware store, with a short pipe to the fogger's output, and fill it with a bag of ice. As a pump (to remove melted ice), the easiest thing I could find (bearing in mind that I put this system together in under an hour at a customer's event) was a model airplane electric fuel pump. They aren't designed to pump water, but so far it hasn't failed.

Alex

Simon-ETEC

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 07:57:37 AM »

We use a Z-1200 (sitting on its flight case) with a length of drain-pipe filled with ice, and a t-piece (with a piece of speaker grill over the end) so that the water drains out of the T-piece and into a bucket, works very well, but only lasts for an hour or two (once you start using it) before most of the ice has melted (as we use it with bands its not to much of a problem to change it between sets).

Back to the question however, we had an ICE on demo and it works just as well as my drainpipe (and last a bit longer). If you’re going to be using a lot of low smoke, or do the sort of stuff where ‘home made’ solutions are inappropriate, and your budget wont stretch to a full chillier (like the DNG-100) go for it, else try bodging something together first.

Simon

Ps. one further advantage of the ICE is its ideal for keeping your bottles / cans of post-de-rig beer cold! (The anari sales rep told us that one!)

Adam Feldstain

• http://www.pro-opticlighting.com
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:06:19 PM »

We have a homemade version we made with a toolbox, Almost identical the to Antari ICE. It worked great! But it gets messy. And it looks homemade and we are getting into a higher end market now. So we need to start looking at other options. Thanks for the advice about the beer! No longer need to tip the bartender to keep a few on ice for us Smile
Adam Feldstain
Pro-Optic Lighting
djallf AT djallf DOT com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.