ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie lighting questions  (Read 2531 times)

Eric Wong!

Newbie lighting questions
« on: May 11, 2004, 12:52:13 AM »

Glad I found this forum.  Anyway- is there a good FAQ on intelligent lighting?  I really want to learn all the terminology and capabilities of intelligent lighting.  I want to eventually put toegether my own intelligent lighting show thats spectular and not cheesy like alot of mobile DJ's have.  I dont really need to use any par cans, but more of the robotic lights with the moving mirrors style.  

Ive tried to watch what the guys do at the clubs but its hard to follow.  I'm familiar with the brands High End Systems, martin etc.  Thanks

Nick S.

Re: Newbie lighting questions
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 08:46:06 AM »

I havn't come across such a FAQ - but being from a more professional theatre lighting background I picked up a lot of programming, DMX, etc. When it came to finally using moving lights I simply got the relevant DMX tables from the relevant company, and went from there.

The only resource I know of is http://www.moving-lights.com - more of a resource database, containing basic DMX channel information, and fixture details for most lights. There is a moving lights links page on that site that might help you out.

Scott S.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 06:18:42 PM »

All of the manufacturers you just mentioned provide data sheets on their websites that tell you everything that a given light does.  Most also provide product brochures free of charge as well....

Scott

Jamey Brock

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 11:13:38 PM »

Check out this great little sofware tool...great resource, and we use it all the time.

http://www.paul-pelletier.com/LDCalculator/LDCalculatorPage. htm

Jamey Brock
Martin Professional, Inc.
Jamey Brock
Martin Professional, Inc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.