ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Is Everybody??????????  (Read 6942 times)

Ian M Barfoot

Re: Where Is Everybody??????????
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 12:23:18 PM »

I could be with Carey  on this one, I felt quite ashamed when at my advanced years I became a "Newbie"  (a horrible term I think) but then I see other such great doyens of this business described also thus, I took heart.

Whilst I would not describe myself as a total Luddite I do find all this talk of Smilies and Avatars of HTML and FUD code bewildering.
Still I should not be surprised I have not yet mastered the automation on a H3000 or the remote for my DVD/video machine.
As for MIDI a complete mystery.

Well, back to my pipe and slippers, think I will put a disc of Paul Robeson on the gramophone before matron comes to tuck me in.
Goodnight all.

Dave Stevens

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »

Post are down a little bit as we expected.  The "drive by" poster factor has almost disappeared, we are moving threads when appropriate and people that have no long term interest are not signing in because it's not an all open format and requires a vaild email address.  IOW, it's doing as we intended.

While the posts are down for the forums, the reading and lurking has remained about the same, given a fewer number of posts.  Since there aren't as many posts a day, there is less to read but unique visitors are just about back to old forum levels.  Like I said before, it ain't about quantity, it's about quality.

Any Spanish or Limey LABsters Wink want to meet up, I'll be in Spain from Monday 10th until the 18th, and UK with a couple dates on the Contenent the first couple weeks of June.  I'll be back for the full Euro experience at the end of Sept for about six weeks.  PM me and I'll let you know when/if I'll be in your area.

Allow me to mosey this thread down to the Basement...

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Chris McDonald

• http://insec.ca
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 04:45:42 PM »

Another problem I can see with the new lab is that there is too much stuff on the screen. Even for the well seasoned message board user like myself the screen is very busy. It really needs to be cleaned up and simplified. While the old lab was too dry this one is too busy and has too many options.

It dosn't seem like the SNR has incresed at all. The noise has decreased and so has the signal.

Dietrich Sider

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 05:31:39 PM »

Well, since this thread has been moved to a place where it belongs, I feel a lot more comfortable posting to it now . . .

I'm very pleased with the changes that have been made. My perception is almost completely positive, for the following reasons:

• Noise level is definitely down. There's a lot less crap.
  • Posts seem to be going into the forums they belong in. Or they're being moved promptly.
  • I feel more comfortable posting here than on the old board. I stick to the Lounge for the most part, and it seems to be used for what it was meant for.
  • The interface is a huge improvement. I don't find it overly busy, and I like the options.
  • The moderation is more consistent and firm. As it should be.

Dietrich Sider

Timothy J. Trace

• http://www.tcsys.com/traceplace/tjt
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 06:49:26 PM »

I am a dichotomy.

(No, no - that's pronounced 'dye-cot-oh-me', not 'dickhead'.)

I participate daily in at least a half-dozen forums.  I lurk in another rough half-dozen.

Typically, I prefer the modern, jazzy looks of UBB, and the ezBoard commercial offerings.  And this FUDforum is sure looking mighty snazzy!

But...I miss the ugly ol' www_Board.  I feel very disoriented here, almost as if I was standing back from the conversation.

Eventually, I'll adapt.  But I sure wish I didn't have to.

Best regards,

Tim ==

Dawbr

• http://www.randygartnersound.com
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 10:45:10 PM »

Wheels said him and his mates in New Zeland are having alot of trouble trying to log on to the new forum. I did notify the moderators but haven't seen him post yet.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.