ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: about topic order...  (Read 3191 times)

Chris Vice

about topic order...
« on: April 16, 2004, 12:40:15 PM »

Here's a question, or maybe suggestion. One thing I liked about the old LAB was that topics were arranged in descending order by when the topic was created. The new board arranges the topics in descending order based on the last post within the topic. This means topics with ongoing discussions often appear above newer topics, and you have to scroll down to see the newer ones.

It would be nice to have a preference option in my profile to choose which way the topics are arranged. Possible?

Other than that I really like this software. Nice job everyone!
Chris Vice

Dietrich Sider

Re: about topic order...
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 07:43:01 PM »

One option that you can use to access the newest topics: There's a text link at the top for "Today's Topics" (or some similar wording).

It might be nice to have a "Last Two Days" like the old Lab, because I usually check the lab daily, but only looking at today's doesn't give me last night's after I logged off.

Dietrich Sider

Dave Stevens

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 09:40:46 PM »

cvice wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 09:40

It would be nice to have a preference option in my profile to choose which way the topics are arranged. Possible?

Thanks for posting, Chris.  Smile

It's possible, but not without some significant mods.  It's called "thread bump", where the thread most recently posted to rises to the top of the order.  Some software package have an option to disable this, but FUD does not.  At least we haven't found, it, anyway.  As a workaround you can subscribe to threads which interest you, but that doesn't exactly address your issue.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add it to the list.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Dave Stevens

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 09:45:57 PM »

dsider wrote on Fri, 16 April 2004 16:43

It might be nice to have a "Last Two Days" like the old Lab, because I usually check the lab daily, but only looking at today's doesn't give me last night's after I logged off.

FUD has something that I think is better.  The Message Navigator is located at the end of the line where "Today's Posts" is located, at the top of the main page.

You aren't limited to a specific number of days, but you and define with some granularity in minutes, hours, days, weeks or months and define specific periods and forums in the query.  Check it out, it's a pretty powerful, flexible feature.

Dave
======================================
Revenge of the Chick Car...
A Barking Dog Goes Road Racing in 2011
http://www.roaddog.com/racing/

Casper C

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 04:01:11 AM »

Just to endorse Chris's suggestion. I also miss that feature very much - it made it very easy to navigate in the old LAB.

Anyway, thanks for making the LAB such a good resource!  Razz  

Casper Christensen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.