ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whay do you mean you can't get the ball game on your mixer???????  (Read 5287 times)

Brad Nelson

Hello all,
Just got done mixing a wedding dance tonight. During the last set, one of the guests came over to the mix console and asked me what the score of the Timberwolves /Nuggets game was. I told him I had'nt heard as I've been working all night. He pointed to my mixer {A&H Mixwiz}and said "you mean you can't get the game on that thing???? Made my night.

Chris Hindle

Re: Whay do you mean you can't get the ball game on your mixer???????
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 09:19:59 AM »

I did a Christmas party a couple of years ago, and someone came up to me mid-set, and asked why my "keyboard" wasn't on stage with the "drums and other stuff". WTF, the board does have "Yamaha" written on it.

I can't remember anyone asking game scores, at least.

Chris.
"Ya, whatever. Just stick a '57 on it, and get off the stage"
Chris.

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 01:10:50 PM »

Chris Hindle wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 06:19

I did a Christmas party a couple of years ago, and someone came up to me mid-set, and asked why my "keyboard" wasn't on stage with the "drums and other stuff". WTF, the board does have "Yamaha" written on it.

Hey, some motorcycles have "Yamaha" written on them, too, and you don't see THEM on stage.

Harley-Davidson doesn't make mixing consoles, but they've managed to get their brand on most everything else, so I guess it's just a matter of time.

Quote:

I can't remember anyone asking game scores, at least.

Many years ago, when the NY Rangers were last in the Stanley Cup playoffs, I brought my stereo tuner to the club, and rather than listen to pre-show music, we listened to the last game of the semi-final series.  You have to remember that this was in Hoboken, so it made sense.

In case you're wondering, the Rangers are the Knicks of hockey.  Or the Mets.

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Rich Bruchal

• http://www.bruchal.com/rich
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 04:52:13 PM »

Chris Hindle wrote on Mon, 26 April 2004 06:19

In case you're wondering, the Rangers are the Knicks of hockey.  Or the Mets.

I've always said that my being a Rangers fan is pennance for being a Yankees fan.  The nice thing is that I never have to worry about hockey interfering with baseball season. Confused

Henry Denman

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 02:36:39 PM »

I have had a couple like that.  About 4 years ago I had a guy come up and ask me if the standoff had ended.  Very puzzled I asked what standoff?  Keep in mind the lighting board is right next to the sound board and has two monitors on ether side. He looks me dead in the eyes and says "you having been watching the news on your TV's."  I tried not to laugh but I had no such luck.  

Henry

seehear

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 11:17:47 PM »

Laughing

You gotta love the general public...I had a woman come up to me and ask if all this equipment will be moved before the show starts...( an XL4 and four FX racks)

Chris

Baron Gray

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 02:34:03 AM »

A mate, operating his desk, had a person berate him about the mix and said he was a seasoned pro and he reckoned my mate should put more tops in here and more grunt in there blah, blah.
Only problem was my mate is a lighting dude running a Hog!(no - not the Harley one)

Baron
See, you can't rewrite, 'cause to rewrite is to deceive and lie, and you betray your own thoughts. To rethink the flow and the rhythm, the tumbling out of the words, is a betrayal, and it's a sin, Martin, it's a sin.

Hank from the 'Naked Lunch'
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.