ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controller  (Read 2369 times)

Bill Drum

Controller
« on: April 24, 2004, 01:12:35 PM »

I have 4 Trackspots and a Intellabeam controller. The controller craped out last night and I need to decide whether to have it repaired or replace it with a DMX controller (The Intellabeam being LWR protocol) How are the newer (Cheaper DMX controllers? Something in the range of the LSC American DJ DMX operater pro? or something in that price range. I've always used the LWR protcol on the Intellabeam and am not real familiar with DMX. Any help or suggestions are appriciated.

Thanks,
Bill D

VDI

Re: Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 09:32:54 AM »

I actually started programming goldenscan 1's  on a Celco navigator back in 89, but soon after moved to the LWR controllers, and I-Beams & T-spots.

A few of my clients have the "cheapo" dmx controllers, and I'll tell ya, they are a pain in the butt to program and to operate if you want to get any kind of nice effects out of them.

It does of course, depend on your application, and weather you need room for growth into other fixtures or manufacturers.
Either way you're looking at starting at about $700 for a used control surface.  

What is your application?  Live club? Dance Club? Rentals?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.