ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB-DMX, Hogs and stuff....  (Read 3333 times)

Tim McCulloch

USB-DMX, Hogs and stuff....
« on: April 22, 2004, 12:04:24 AM »

Greetings...

Wayward noize boy here... the lighting dept of our shop has purchased some HOG-PC items- the Widget, a playback wing, and a programming wing.  All told a realistically priced package, but my employer is curious as to the exact inner workings of the Widget (thrift mode *on*).

Is it simply a USB to DMX converter, or are there other things going on inside the box?  If it's simply a protocol converter, are there a products that any of you have successfully used?  What was involved in implementing the converter?

I'd also be interested in user comments regarding the Hog PC vs. the Whole Hog II.  I don't care about the GrandMA, or anything ETC, or Frog, etc... not that I'm prejudiced regarding them, but simply that we do not, and are not likely to, own them.

Regards,

Tim Mc

"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Scott Raymond

Re: USB-DMX, Hogs and stuff....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 12:39:52 PM »

Tim,

There was a post on the "old" lighting forum a while back about the Hog PC and wings.  About the only actual use post I can remember.  May not be much help but the links below.  I happen to have Hog PC on my computer but none of the goodies.  Good learning tool and powerfull software! I thought about picking up the widget to try but a "grand" is pretty steep.

Post by Mike Sveda

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.