ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose speakers  (Read 7417 times)

Andy Zimmerman

Re: Bose's idea of humour
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2004, 09:54:18 PM »

index.php/fa/28/0/

I think Bose probably has a decent reputation among audiophiles, but I hope that they don't honestly believe all of this hype about their new product. They are missing a few key areas of concern, IMO. One is that musician's rarely play well together when it comes to stage volume. What happens when the guitarist decides to crank his PAS up to "11" when the poor keyboardist is still at "5"? And, as much as they would like to be independent of the poor, untalented soundperson, someone has to sit in the audience and keep tabs on everybody. Lastly, is there any difference between cluttering up the mix through the board vs. cluttering up the mix via another speaker onstage? I don't think so.

Mike M

Re: Bose speakers
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2004, 09:58:41 PM »

I'm told PAS goes to "12". Is this a new era for Spinal Tap?

Edit>>>I just actually looked at that "Ad". Haha!
Less is more.

Dave Rickard

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2004, 01:19:22 AM »

AndyZ wrote on Fri, 23 April 2004 02:54

I think Bose probably has a decent reputation among audiophiles, but I hope that they don't honestly believe all of this hype about their new product.

Actually, they don't enjoy a great reputation among audiophiles either.

daver
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Nick S.

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2004, 09:11:55 AM »

Yeah - at one of the venues I work at someone several years ago fell for the "bose effect" - "they're advertised so much it must be good, and besides - it's a BOSE!"

I'm now stuck with a god awful Bose sound system, rubbish for any sort of live PA work, and only bearable for recordings....

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2004, 05:49:26 PM »

Nick S. wrote on Fri, 23 April 2004 06:11

Yeah - at one of the venues I work at someone several years ago fell for the "bose effect" - "they're advertised so much it must be good, and besides - it's a BOSE!"

Oh, I don't think this effect is limited to Bose -- I can think of a certain club in NYC that advertises their Meyer PA system.  It's the worst fucking thing you can possibly imagine.  I'm really surprised Meyer doesn't tell 'em to stop.

=-=a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

Beefcake

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2004, 06:11:36 PM »

I think that BOSE speakers are exelent (Shocked) for home theators/backround music/ect. I do not think they would be good live sound speakers. I have not ever used them, but i just think that they would be rubbish.

I will admit though, i would like to use these monitors/mains to test. I just don't know how it would work??? Confused
Beefcake

Mike M

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2004, 07:03:14 PM »

Ya, it might be interesting to try PAS in a large Club with mains and no wedges.
Less is more.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.