ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voltage settings on my moveing lights  (Read 2786 times)

JonPaul

Voltage settings on my moveing lights
« on: April 21, 2004, 09:49:58 AM »

So I have read a lot about actual voltage and how what I am getting out of a wall is less then what I am getting at the breaker box. So my question is would I be better off to set my lights at 100v rather then 120v when I am working off 115v circuits?

Thanks; JonPaul
JonPaul Woodliff
Optimystik Productions

TJ (Tom) Cornish

Re: Voltage settings on my moveing lights
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 12:14:12 PM »

No - use the 120v setting.  The 100 v setting is for Japan.  Most lights can use a range of input voltages, and 115 is clearly in that range.  Often times a 100 v setting will change transformer windings, and putting 115v into it at the 100v setting may cause overvoltage problems in the unit, including either electronic trouble or short lamp life.

By the way, how are you measuring the voltage drop?  Are you measuring it under load?  If you are getting a significant voltage drop with no load, you may have power problems to work out elsewhere.  Keep in mind that 120v is sort of an ideal - it is common for supposed 120v power to actually be 117v or even 112v.  

JonPaul

Re: Voltage settings on my moveing lights
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 02:21:13 AM »

I am simply measuring it with cheap Home depot voltage meter that just gives me an aprox. reading. I am getting most of my info just from reading books on the subject. Thanks for the reply I will keep them at 120.
JonPaul Woodliff
Optimystik Productions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.