ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Community Tandem series PA speakers  (Read 7224 times)

Rain Jaudon

Community Tandem series PA speakers
« on: April 20, 2004, 01:08:31 AM »

http://www.loudspeakers.net/main/index.php?option=articles&a mp;task=viewarticle&sid=37

I have been demo'ing a single cab for the past week and am very impressed.
Wishing I had more power to push into it!

I have the dual 12/horn model. Weight is not too bad. size is great!  Compliments from musos in the audience galore.

Not sure how long these have been out and whether or not anyone has a long term test drive on them to report.
Thanks
Rain
Endorsing Artist for CA Guitars - Lafayette, LA
http://www.CAguitars.com

Multitude Audio
Subcontracting under Magnolia Music Center
Audio Visual Installation and Service
Gulfport, Ocean Springs and Pascagula, MS

david423

Re: Community Tandem series PA speakers
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 07:55:39 PM »

I don't have any experience with that particular type of speaker you are talking about, but i have had lots of experience with community(12") floor wedges. Lots of churches and small bands have them because they are cheap. And you get what you pay for. The ones i have used have always been properly powered, and not run real loud. But there always seems that something will blow within a year of using them. We blew both horns in a pair i had gotten for a BSU within about 6 months. They sounded great and were never run very loud because it was just an acoustic band that had low stage volume. But they just did not hold up. Also had the same problem with a church here in town and have heard of other same problems. The newer stuff may be lots better. "Ive always heard, if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Al Limberg

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 01:25:31 AM »

I'm surprised to hear of your experience.  While I am primarily a user of Community's fibreglass products, I have owned a CSX-38-II monitor, purchased used, for about 6 years. I have used it in all sorts of applications including very high volume rock gigs, running it with a minimum of 350w to a maximum of 550.  While the 'PZT' element tends to require a little gentle roll-off of the highs compared to my other monitors,  it has carried its weight just fine.  I have never felt shy about running reasonable amounts of bass or kick drum thru it as well.

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 09:27:12 AM »

I can think of at least 3 different 12" wedges that are made by Community.

What ones were you using? Their are BIG differences in Community speakers as you move from one line to another. XLTE is worlds away from MVP.

You are right, you get what you pay for. However, if I am in a grocery store and someone says "Buy some apples, they are great today!" should I not buy the apples bcause I bought some oranges the day before, and did not like them?

If I am told "The Peavey Q Wave speakers are killer" should I not listen to them because I heard a pair of SP2's in 1978, and did not like them?

We like all opinions here, but once a thread is started about a product, lets try to stay focused on that product.

Thanks for participating.

Another Dave
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Rain Jaudon

Re: Community Tandem UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 12:42:56 PM »

Well, I've had the cabinet several weeks now.
Both as a drum monitor and a main.

Still love it and wishing I had a bigger amp to push it with to REALLY hear what it will put out.

Have wondered how it would sound with a 2 inch horn.  The 1 inch seems to keep up well enough for the duo-4pc acts I have run thru it.

Love the ergonomic handles (scalloped square inset holes on each side).
I never expect these to bend or break off like plastic handles on other cabs.  Very solid.

Again, I've only been able to put 300 watts or so into it but will let you know when I can double that for a show.

Rain
Endorsing Artist for CA Guitars - Lafayette, LA
http://www.CAguitars.com

Multitude Audio
Subcontracting under Magnolia Music Center
Audio Visual Installation and Service
Gulfport, Ocean Springs and Pascagula, MS
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.